leaking head

Money Pit

I have a pro design cool head and have had it checked by a machine shop and the jugs checked

everything is true and not warped. I can get 20 minuites to a ride before the coolant is dumped

the cylinders I have been racing this banshee for 4 years it's a 2001 and I bought it brand new

this head has been on for 2 years (2nd head). why does this keep happening, does anyone

run copper washers on top of the head under the head nuts I'm thinking the nuts are grinding

into the aluminum head i can see groves and is giving me a false torque reading. Also I was

informed to lube the studs with SAE 30 weight oil this also keeps from a false torque reading

any help would be appreciated thanks.

I have a pro design cool head and have had it checked by a machine shop and the jugs checked

everything is true and not warped. I can get 20 minuites to a ride before the coolant is dumped

the cylinders I have been racing this banshee for 4 years it's a 2001 and I bought it brand new

this head has been on for 2 years (2nd head). why does this keep happening, does anyone

run copper washers on top of the head under the head nuts I'm thinking the nuts are grinding

into the aluminum head i can see groves and is giving me a false torque reading. Also I was

informed to lube the studs with SAE 30 weight oil this also keeps from a false torque reading

puttimg lube on the studs gives you a more accurate torgue reading as you are not seeing the added drag from a rusy or dry stud or nut, did you try getting a new oring set instead of using the old ones

If the head is flat (and has been checked by a machine shop) I bet the cylinders are not

O.K. I've learn't some new information on this site I think the reason the head is leaking is

because when I was racing I was rinning VP110 recently I've been running 93 This could explain

why I can ride about 20 min before the head lets go pressure is constantly building up

but on the flip side it was only one cylinder that keeps getting antifreeze in it

could the fuel be the problem I have a set of 22cc domes i'm going to try them with a new

0-ring set and I bought some brass washers to put under the head bolts

well wish me luck