LTZ450 vs my machine

LIM_Whiteboy4life

I posted in here because we are draging (dirt/street), and my mods are listed below. He has never seen a twisted shee and i never heard a LTZ run. There will be YFZ 450's as well, the LTZ is bone stock with the baffle and airbox lid removed... anychance of a challenging race? :thumbsup: or will i be a joke, and dont even try? :blink: (and those who are tired of the blank vs. shee, plz... i did a search and came up dry on this specific bike) and I have never heard a YFZ 450 run neither.. :thanks:

Well a couple weeks ago I beat an HRC kitted honda 450 (pipe, cam, head i think). I took him pretty damn good, id say 4 or 5 lengths by the end. Id say you have a good chance, but i hear those lt450s are faster than the hondas stock. Good luck!!

My buddy's got a lt-r450, removed spark arrestor, airbox lid and put the cherry bomb in. Guessing from your mod's in your sig, you should beat him pretty easy. The YFZ's, from my experience, are pretty streaky. I've raced a few that were wicked fast for what was done to them, then again, others ran slow as hell. Let us know how it turns out.

ive raced 660's 450R's Z400's(yoshi-k&n) 400ex's (killed them all) and i was beaten by a 06 ricky carmichal** edtion 250 (not by much lmao) by maybe a lenght from 2nd gear h2h to the top of 4th(ran out of room and we also hit eachother :shoothead: :rolleyes: ) so i guess im pretty trick with it oh and also that was with the stock clutch which was sliping when i raced the 250 :evil: :yelrotflmao:

oh and for traction.... yeah thats my biggest prob.... he says he might stall or flip on its tail so... im thinking 1st(sit on tank) 2nd(seat forward most pos.) then 3rd all the way back(not to much to mess up my shifts) and just play who has HP from there

Edited by LIM_Whiteboy4life

by how many lengths? :mellow:

kinda off topic (my thread anyway) did you have any trouble with the stock clutch spring bolts with the barnett clutch?

I dunno he gave up. He sucks at riding anyway. I wanted to jump on his bike and see how it would do but I didn't get a chance

Funny you should ask about the clutch bolts. I actually overtourqued one of my bolts and snapped the head off :shoothead: . Got the stud EZ outed and replaced. Was kinds hard to feel the torque on the bolt with the heavy duty springs. I guess that's what I get for not using a torque wrench.

i couldnt use the HD springs and i had a TQ wrench and i snaped 2 of them.... so i used the others that came with it and its pretty stiff so i went to the hardware store and got some longer ones and it worked out fine but i didnt tq down to spec i just snuged them evenly

Edited by LIM_Whiteboy4life

• 3 weeks later...

Can you get a good start in second? On the blaster, when i drag in low traction places (dirt, grass,coal) I start in second. Just get it in the band and let it fly. That way you dont have to shift right away, and it will hook up better. Maby slip the clutch a little if necessicary. I would think that if you get a good start, you should take them all, not questions asked...