Good starter quad

One of my coworkers asked me to relay this message to you guys. He wants to get a quad for his 10yo son. Preferably one that has clutchless shifting. What do you recommend? I told him about the cheap off-brand ones and he was skeptical, but if you have had any experience with one are they any good? Also if your on long island and have one for sale let me know. thanks in advance.

those small overseas atvs(chinese??) you cannot get parts for..............

if he is going to drop some money atleast make sure you can fix it...............

the big ones yam,hond,kawi,suz,polar, you get the idea ......

all can get parts for, but some still easier and cheaper than others :beer:

a honda 250r three wheeler would be good cuz they is cheap, fast and parts are readily available.

Either :ohmy: and :shoothead: then :rolleyes: if you are serious

or

:yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

If you are joking.

The Honda ATC 250R was the poster child for the end of dangerous three-wheelers in the 1980s. Sure go get one for your 10 year old kid... if you want to kill him/her and do some jail time for it.

a honda 250r three wheeler would be good cuz they is cheap, fast and parts are readily available.

If im not mistaken thats 350twindeathbed banshee in your sig.....

Anyways my smallest brother is 7 and he was good on a raptor 50.Maybe he should try a raptor 80 or maybe even a little blaster.That was my first bike when I was 11.

Are you serious about the 250?

Edited by 06BaNsHeE

It would teach him/her good technique so they could move onto a banshee and be more adept at handling a quad. and if they don't listen they will pay for it!

i'm gonna go give my son a running chainsaw. he might learn good technique but if he cuts his arm off, atleast he will have learned a lesson!

did you grow up under high voltage powerlines?

seriously, go take a long walk off a short pier!

It would teach him/her good technique so they could move onto a banshee and be more adept at handling a quad. and if they don't listen they will pay for it!

dude i have a 15 year old and a 3wheeled 250r ....................wtf??????????????????????? i love my kid to much

what are you smoking or are you just a f____ (dee de deeeeeeee)

my kid rides a 250 timberwolf when he is on his own

he rides my banshee supervised by (me).... i cant stop him from being a dumbass

but my presence and him helping me work on it keeps his judgment inline... :blink:

by the way guys

the fastestshee

is

:shoothead: :shoothead: NIGHT :shoothead: :shoothead:

how can we forget you jackass..........................................

i'm gonna go give my son a running chainsaw. he might learn good technique but if he cuts his arm off, atleast he will have learned a lesson!

did you grow up under high voltage powerlines?

seriously, go take a long walk off a short pier!

Took the words out of my mouth...

I appreciate the feedback. Ive been writing down all the recommendations to give him. Except the 250r. Its good to laugh tho, lowers the blood pressure and stress of everyday bullshit. I know his son races karts during the summer, so he does have experience with a motorized machine. Is the raptor 80 a newer version of the badger? I think the blaster is bigger than what he is looking for otherwise he would have asked to try mine. Anyone remotely near us selling a namebrand beginner quad?

cant beat the yamaha breeze. engine is bullet prof and very easy to work on. mine survived two kids and sold it for what i paid for it . its automatic with reverse and you can find them used for a good price

Ohh god, you could take that thing to war and back. I started out on a breeze, and we would literally try to kill it, never worked, that thing ran until the day I sold it. I would stay the heck away from those chineses quads, I bought a chinese pocket bike at pep boys on a whim, and the bearings were shot in like a week, nobody had replacements, so it's been in my shed for the past year.

You can pick up the beginner quds at GREAT used prices, I would rather do that then buy one new, check The Want Ad Press, they are pretty big in this area. Good luck! :beer:

yeah liftdt4r. we never killed ours either there great hell i even rode it .had so many plugs in the back tires i put tubes in them lol.i would stay away from the no name cheap shit to hard to get parts for and no resale value.like i said we rode the shit out of our and sold it for what i paid for it . we allways maintained it and fixed what broke no big deal