What mods to go a little faster?

rynb15

Get your engine to a reputable builder and get it ported. Bigger carbs are worthless on a stock engine. Buy the whole package bore(30-45 a hole),pistons(150 for both),port (250-400) and tell them to send it to you like you sent it to them all put together. Alot of builders will do a complete teardown and assembly for like 200-275 with new gaskets and bearings. While you in there you may as well get your crank trued and welded thats like 60-80 bucks. Also depending on the port job you get you can get your stock carbs bored out to 28mm for Ide guess around 100 bucks. It adds up quick but speed CO$$$$T$$$$. Espically if you dont do your own work :whistling:

Actually, some builders include the bore with a port job. Builders prefer to port first, then bore and chamfer just in case the "slip" while porting. Hey, no one is perfect...and it can happen to anyone.

I dident know that. Sure mistakes can happen thats why I am sending mine to someone who ports the type of port I want everyday. Portings not THAT diffucult but Ide rather spend the couple bucks instead of trying myself making the ports to big messing up the shape and timing hights then buying all new cyls. Plus, truthfully my hand is not as steady as my builders.

If I decide to rebuild my LT250R engine Im going to port it myself though. My cousin did his first port job on his CR250R and he can smoke a 500 :woot: