Thanksgiving Fire

was with family today down by the river and noticed a small fire next to a house, thought it was a campfire and it got alot bigger and started up the side of the patio and just took off from there across the roof, and in kno time the house was engulfed with flames propane tanks starting goin off it was crazy. The family stood outside frantic watching there house burn down it was soo tragic and to watch the whole thing happen without being able to do anything was even worse. Flames were a good 3 4 stories high the roof/patio caved in it was insane we could feel the heat from across the river. Ive never seen a house burn down that close and that fast makes u rethink alot of things in daily life. Hell of a Thanksgiving Day for them hope they have good insurance

s8_678dbef427a4350.jpg

I guess they were deep frying a turkey :confused:

yupper. water/ice and hot oil do not mix. the oil flash boils the water in to steam and it goes EVERYWHERE!!

http://www.cbs46.com/global/story.asp?s=5701836

hell, my uncle is w/ a local FD and went out on 6 calls for the same thing. once during dinner itself( first on scene to 1 cause it was like 6 houses down)

Edited by pipebomb

I saw a special on t.v. about that. They demonstrated by putting a frozen turkey in the fryer near a model house. The thing went up in flames as fast as you describe it. If anyone's thinking of doing this, go far away from the house! By the way, it does come out really good.