Coolant Bottle relocator

Fre530d

I'm assuming you now have pods and want to keep the over flow. On my 99 I took the stock air box, hacked off the housing for the air filter and just kept the rear section that holds the bottle. Bolted it back on the frame and threw the over flow back on. Took a total of about 10 minutes.

the ovrflow bottle wont give you an idea of the amount of fluid in your radiator... its simply and overflow catch... and once its in there it dosent go back into your radiator... so no point in having it...

yes it does. back when i had a headgasket leak i would lose a little coolant each day from the radiator. the overflow tank's coolant level kept going lower and lower so the radiator would remain full. the banshee overflow tank works just like a cars overflow tank. when the coolant gets hot it expands and some goes into the tank. later when the motor cools off the liquid contracts and gets sucked up back into the radiator insuring the radiator remains 100% full.

not only that, but running without an overflow tank means you will awalys have some air in the very top of the radiator. air accelerates the degredation of coolant and helps to form deposits in the cooling system.

you guys can certainly run without the overflor tanks. no one disputes that. but personally i dont mind the extra 4 lbs that the tank full of water weighs and the 1 extra hose it requires. im not in any competitive racing and 4 lbs isnt gonna kill me.