So, how 'bout that Kramer?

8buck

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't San Diego a Mexican name??

What difference does that make? Detroit is derived from French ancestry, but I don't see any Jaques or Pierres running around the big D, do I? I assure you they don't speak French, either...

I agree 100% with gimmeabeer.

ALL Races have their good and bad citizens. I don't care what color your skin is, race, nationality, etc.

If you are here to be a respectful and productive citizen, take care of your house, belongings, yourself, etc., it's all good to me.

It's the people that think this country owes them something that make me sick. You've got your freedom in the land of opportunity.... If you don't like it, get the FU** OUT....

What difference does that make? Detroit is derived from French ancestry, but I don't see any Jaques or Pierres running around the big D, do I? I assure you they don't speak French, either...

ALL Races have their good and bad citizens. I don't care what color your skin is, race, nationality, etc.

If you are here to be a respectful and productive citizen, take care of your house, belongings, yourself, etc., it's all good to me.

It's the people that think this country owes them something that make me sick. You've got your freedom in the land of opportunity.... If you don't like it, get the FU** OUT....

As always right on the money :beer: :notworthy: ...

RIPPEN

I think racism manifests itself in many ways in our society. Whether it's probablities, preconceived notions, learned behavior or personal experiences. It's just human nature it's a part of are learning process to take these factors into account. In other words we are keen to the different and unknown and we fill in these unknown voids from probabilities, preconceived notions, learned behavior or personal experience. An example would be a white guy on a Harley coming to your door at midnight, He has tattoo's sleeved down both arms. Are you reluctant to answer the door? You tell me how you feel and why you feel that way? It's the same as racism. Would you feel different if a little old lady was at the door? Of course you would. This is behavior based on self segregation and self preservation.

Think about these things, racisim is all around us and manifests intself in infinite forms. Being a racist is NOT NECESSARILY the person that feels that ways fault.

oh if thats not the biggest load of crap ive ever heard.....

So you wouldn't have a problem answering your door at midnight with the above described gentlemen at the door? Brooke, your judgement is based upon the word itself "racism". Once you understand bias and when you tell me that you have no bias's I will tell you that your full of crap. Understand why you have and we all have bias's. Racism is just that. Except it has been used in a negative way that most are quick to say "me rasict? no way!!! You have to look beyond your personal view and look at the whole. Think outside the box and try to understand why it is there. Why do people feel this way. Don't just ignore it and say, well that's not me. It's a problem yes, and to deal with it, is to have a better understanding. :wink:

i still dont get this .... a black man can call a white man a cracker . whitey , honkey , etc all day long but if a white cracker ass says somthing back - it gets blown out of proportion :shrug: maybe its just me but im gonna get a settlement next time i hear someone saying something about whites.... arent we the minority now anyways?

So you wouldn't have a problem answering your door at midnight with the above described gentlemen at the door? Brooke, your judgement is based upon the word itself "racism". Once you understand bias and when you tell me that you have no bias's I will tell you that your full of crap. Understand why you have and we all have bias's. Racism is just that. Except it has been used in a negative way that most are quick to say "me rasict? no way!!! You have to look beyond your personal view and look at the whole. Think outside the box and try to understand why it is there. Why do people feel this way. Don't just ignore it and say, well that's not me. It's a problem yes, and to deal with it, is to have a better understanding. :wink:

brad, youre a smart guy. there is a big difference between not opening the door for a stranger in the middle of the night, and going on a screaming tirade suggesting we go back to the days when 'niggers' were strung upside down and anally violated. then repeatedly yelling "LOOK THERES A NIGGER LOOK THERES A NIGGER" thats disgusting.

feeling wary about a certain type of person is different than accepting and spreading a hateful violent dehumanizing view of an entire race. i might not open the door for the strange man in the middle of the night, but im certainly not gonna run around making blanket assumptions and spreading hateful things about him.

It doesn't make a fukn difference. I said that related to the comment:

"Im sick of seeing job ads that say I have to speak spanish to work in my own country"

It's everone's country with lot's of Mexicans in Cali so don't be bothered about having to speak spanish!

It's fukd up Reball's neighborhood burned his flag & that his hood talks mad smack about whites.

That's just a messed up area :shrug: don't know... But me people don't get down like that!

It's everone's country with lot's of Mexicans in Cali so don't be bothered about having to speak spanish!

Now see...that's where it really gets me. I don't care....you're in AMERICA...we speak English.

I don't want to press 9 for spanish, etc....when I make a phone call.

Go to another country, and see how accomodating they are to us. They're not. You either learn the language and find your way, or you sit on the side of the road with your thumb up your arse.

Whatever you wanna speak in your own home, is fine. In public...speak English. It's our language.

To me...it's thinking like that which makes it so hard for those of us born and bred here to live...I grew up in an English speaking nation...speak it....or don't blame us when you can't make it and life is just so difficult for you...

Now see...that's where it really gets me. I don't care....you're in AMERICA...we speak English.

Go to another country, and see how accomodating they are to us. They're not. You either learn the language and find your way, or you sit on the side of the road with your thumb up your arse.

Whatever you wanna speak in your own home, is fine. In public...speak English. It's our language.

To me...it's thinking like that which makes it so hard for those of us born and bred here to live...I grew up in an English speaking nation...speak it....or don't blame us when you can't make it and life is just so difficult for you...

you took the words right from my mouth. Let me just add that socal and America in general is full of all types of races and every other race that comes here speaks english before they even get off of the boat or out of the shipping crate or trunk of the car or how ever the hell they got here :biggrin: but for some reason mexicans think we have to cater to them and learn their language. My girls parents are LEAGLE immigrents and they speak better english than I do. If I learn spanish to fill the needs of some lazy asses that dont wanna learn their new homes language then whats next? koeran,chinese,arab,somolian,ect. Screw that. When I was in jr high and high school spanish was optional. Also people say that mexican immigrents are a big part of our economy but thats a bunch bull cause I work with a grip of them and every friday these fools get paid,go straight to western union and send all their money back to mexico. Also why the hell do I have to spend 400 bills to smog and register my rides when you see all these nasty ass cars with bc plates drivin down the highway half on fire and burning that nasty ass smelling gas? And last cali WAS a part of mexico but we won this shit fair and square. Later Rich

You're pushing it too far man.. All that was meant is what was said...

there was nothing said about blame or having it difficult..

There's alot of differences & alot of thoughts & all are true from either side of the lcd.