Questions on suspension,a arms sizes etc

rynb15

Sorry for another suspension question but i dont know that much about it. This is my first banshee and it is deff my fav quad i have ever had but the suspension blows. My last bike was a suszuki z400 which was not near as fast, but took the whoops and trails much better. So im hoping over the winter to get all new suspension. As far as riding style, i do the trails, little bit of jumping(no mx just random things you can jump off :blink: ) and a little in the sand. Just looking for good all around suspension. I have been looking at works shocks but there are a few diff kinds and i dont know the diff. Also is it worth getting diff a arms? and swing arm? What are tha advantages of having like +2 a arms? Sorry for the dumb questions, just want to get my wish list going :biggrin:

Wider a-arms make it more stable so you can cornewr atr faster speeds.

shorter swiingarms give you more traction nd better cornering

Yes it is very very very worth it to get new a-arms

Get +2+1s 2 inches wider that stock each and 1 inch forward. The 1 inch forward will take weight off of the front tires and make your bike Handle GREAT!

You won't believe how good it hanldes with +2+1 a arms. It will be the best mod you ever do to your shee if you ride trails or tracks

i also have +2+1's with elkas. the diff is night and day!!!

i went long travel also........

with new bearings, ext brake lines, brake line clamps, i bout shit when i added it up!

laegers not cheap,elkas not cheap,but rides like a totally diff shee. when it was all said and done i think it was worth it :beer:

I got Quicksand +2 +1 A Arms & it's deff a big improvement. When stock I had to work with the Banshee alot, had to apply alot of counter weight on the turns to keep her from tippin' over. Now I come around really fast with less work. I also got +2 in the rear. Banshee now sticks to the ground!

TexasCyn002.jpg

I like what you did with your bike.

Yeah I cant' stress it enough how good your banshee will handle with +2+1s, the difference is insane.

hollister aint bullshittin I havent done the back end yet... I am about 190 lbs with the front end I have a +4 axle stock swinger and backed off the spring tension on rear shock to equal out the ride in front.....

welcome to a new addiction :beer:

Edited by JET 99

thanks for all the replies guys. I just got back from riding to day and we did a lot of trail riding. Which i like the most. And wow i believe this is the worst suspension bike i have ever ridden. But its also the funniest bike as well. If that makes sense. So hopefully in the next week or 2 im going to order new suspension. Now its going to cost some money, so will it be worth it to do the front suspension and not the rear? Also how are the works shocks. Are elkas really that much better??????? Just because it will already cost a lot for works, and if the few hundred more is worth it ill porbably go that route.

Your front end looks pretty wide. If you are running the wider a-arms with those wider a-arms the front shocks should just collapse because of the extra leverage. What kind of a-arms do you have? I have heard mixed reviews of the works but have never heard anything bad about elkas except for the price. Getting new front suspension without touchung the rear will help, but they complament each other.