my YFZ450 a-arm install

Mullet Man

Ah see the difference in the shock angle. The setup on the banshee has more leverage on the shock. More travel that way though.

yep.

a longer shock would make this setup tits!

Another

looks good DDQ!

tight squeeze into the pickup lol. (Nissan?)

be sure too bring the camera to the MX track! (video too if you can!)

Edited by Mullet Man

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in the process of having spacers made.

i cant find any place locally to do it, so i had to go out of state. (internet order)

i'm going to get a decent quantity of these made.

more info to come...

Edited by Mullet Man

i might have to try this if i find some arms.. looks like the shock location is diff .. this why it makes it sit lower.. basicallyt the wider banshee frame sit the bottom a arm out farther.. then say a 450.. im sure it does on top some too but not as much.. anyways nice setup .. point me to a nice set of 450 arms so i can try this.. also did anyone check if the 450 stem is 1.5 taller.. this would be a cheap alt to buy a new stem if you can just put a cheap 450 stem on there that nobody wants..

so the stem fits as well

does it??? this is what im asking ...cus i would like mine to be taller and it be nice to just get a used one from a 450 instead of 300dollar one from a shop.. i thought some said few pages ago they was gonna see if thought it might work... but i wanna know if it fits and if its taller...

i might have to try this if i find some arms.. looks like the shock location is diff .. this why it makes it sit lower.. basicallyt the wider banshee frame sit the bottom a arm out farther.. then say a 450.. im sure it does on top some too but not as much.. anyways nice setup .. point me to a nice set of 450 arms so i can try this.. also did anyone check if the 450 stem is 1.5 taller.. this would be a cheap alt to buy a new stem if you can just put a cheap 450 stem on there that nobody wants..

i dont know about the stem.

check yfzcentral, wanted section. couple topics started in there looking for arms, lots of replies :thumbsup:

and yeah the lower shock location appears different because the banshee frame is wider then YFZ. otherwise, it would be very close to stock ride height. thats why i think a LT shock would bring it up

does it??? this is what im asking ...cus i would like mine to be taller and it be nice to just get a used one from a 450 instead of 300dollar one from a shop..

plus if its from an '06 or up you get to use a 9/8ths bar.

Well my balljoints in my stockers are shot so I'm kinda lookin for an upgrade, but stayin cheap cuz i dont have a job right now. I'm just wonderin, are the balljoints in the yfz arms replaceable, unlike the shee's? I think I heard that they are, and if so that'd be sweet.

Found a deal for some arms, shocks, and tie-rods (said 1 had some angle iron welded to it? LOL but I can order new ones from dlnoss for like $30 right?) so I might go that route. Pretty damn cheap if you ask me, if they're in good condition that is.

if the price is right, go for it. and if its not one of the arms with angle iron welded to it, hope not lol)

also, the lower ball joints can be replaced. not the uppers.

dlnoss sells tie rods for 39.99 any length (with yfz arms, order some at 13 1/4" - 13 3/8" for a Banshee)

stock shocks are way too short for this. unless you are going for that asphalt drag look!

He's only askin $225 for all that, still waitin on some pics tho. Figured it'd be around $250 w/ shipping and I could run that 1 tie-rod for awhile. I'm just tryin to go as cheap as possible right now cuz i got a damn ticket from the hy-po's comin back to school. Runnin the damn airplane radaring people :banghead:

Also I can use the tie-rod ends from the shee correct? Sry didnt feel like reading through the 13 pages again :biggrin:

He's only askin $225 for all that, still waitin on some pics tho. Figured it'd be around $250 w/ shipping and I could run that 1 tie-rod for awhile. I'm just tryin to go as cheap as possible right now cuz i got a damn ticket from the hy-po's comin back to school. Runnin the damn airplane radaring people :banghead:

Also I can use the tie-rod ends from the shee correct? Sry didnt feel like reading through the 13 pages again :biggrin:

thats a great price with shocks! hell, shocks alone usually go for about that $.

yes shee tie rod ends will work just fine.