Anyone do the Snow Conversion Kit?

sgt seth

Traxion SnowTrax Conversion kits?

Anybody ever have expirence with them? I am from Northern Maine and am used to lots of snow. I was just wondering if anyone actually has used them. It looks like it could be alot of fun and a pretty good idea. I have seen people using the four wheel drive version of them all over the place, but no one puts them on sport quads. Dirt Wheels tested them on the Banshee, Quad 500 and 250R.

Just wondering. Thanks

---seth

i believe it is triangle shaped tracks in the back instead of tires.

be an awesome mod for people in snow states, combined with ski's up front

gawd damn....

http://www.atvsource.com/articles/press_re..._atv_tracks.htm

$4500 and 100lbs per track!!!!! :0

Edited by Mullet Man

I've seen a review done in a magazine or online, it wasn't Dirtwheels (hate the magazine), and they seemed to like the entire conversion to tracks and skis for the snow. It was done on a Banshee and they said while it still accelerated fast it drastically reduced the top speed, which I'm not sure if I'd want to be doing 80 mph on a set of those tracks anyway. The kit I believe was around a couple thousand dollars and it seemed to be worth the money IF you plan on riding your quad that much during the winter and if you even get snow, as here in Wisconsin we've been having crap for winters the past couple years.

i know this dipshit that bought tracks for all four corners of his sportsman 700 (about $4000) and it was slow as hell and they were ruined in about a year.

Theres no warrantee after spending that much? that sucks to spend 4 grand and shit ruined that fast. Id imagine a banshee with that would lose a lot of power, maybe better to spend the 4g on a snowmobile.

Theres no warrantee after spending that much? that sucks to spend 4 grand and shit ruined that fast. Id imagine a banshee with that would lose a lot of power, maybe better to spend the 4g on a snowmobile.

Exactly what I was going to say. My mechanic has a ROTAX powered snowmobile that puts out 129HP STOCK! I cant wait to bug him enough to where he doesnt have a choice but to let me ride it this winter.

what is it?

http://www.a2xtreme.com/snowtrax.htm

Not the newest page but definately best price I've found. It is relatively simple in concept. It may sound like a good plan to buy a four wheeler and buy a snowsled, but having owned both, four wheelers are much easier to work with. And I also understand that most people dont have the chance to do something like this, but its the same as setting a bike up for sand riding.. Putting a few grand in it to make the sand drags easier is the same as this is for someone in the northern states. Its common to fourby wheelers with the set up, but why not a sport bike this way? My brother is going to test out a tracked Outty after some snow falls back home and tell me what he thinks. All you really need to do is get your hands on two of the track systems and then fab the ski's. Ebay sells a good pair of ski's for a sled for $200. So that wouldn't be hard.

But I'm guessing that no one here knows of anyone running a set up like this on a sport bike..? Its a new thought for some of you out there tho. Hah. Gotta love it

-seth