Maxxis RAZR

DOTD

Time to get some new dirt boloneys, but I don't really ride her much off the sand so I am not going to spend a whole lot of $. I have some Turf Tamers on it now and even thought they are about 50% they feel like slicks. And being a 4 ply they are very prone to punctures out here in the Ca. Desert. Rocky Mountain has some 6 ply RAZR's on .190 wheels for $187.00 shipped. Has anybody ever run these on a shee? Do they hook up well? How do they hold up, etc.?

I have them and dont care for them too much. They wear pretty fast. There the only tire ive tried on my banshee so far though, other then stock, so they could be the best and could be the worst. I think I paid 600 for a set of 4 on douglas .190 rims so 187 is a steal.

I run them on my banshees and my YFZ. I like them. If you don't run around spinning them like a retard all the time they will last a long time. I have had a set for over a year on my 4mil and now I use them on my YFZ. Still have about 70% tread. Don't run around spinning your tires everywhere you go and don't sit around doing donuts all the time and they will last just as long as any other tire out there. If you want some really good hookup, cut every other row of lugs off of them. Check out the tires loco runs on his 10mil. Its what gave me the idea. Kinda like a dirt paddle. LOL

Thanks Red. I think I am going to try them. I am not into Roosting everything and spinning donuts like some 14 yr old who's dad buys his tires. So I think I should be ok. I save my roosting for the dunes. Mainly only take it out in the Desert for the wife to ride or out to the races to run back and forth from camp to signups etc.

I also have them on my Shee. I ride in almost everything. Had them for a little over half a year now. Still look almost new. I did pop one though. Plugged it up and she's ready for the trails again. Overall a very good tire IMO...for the price. :beer:

i personally think Razr 2s r better then razars. my buddy was running them on his 88 'shee and he would hook up and be gone pretty quick in grass ( was boring .60 over with my FMFs, single 35 and boyseen reeds)

I personally run razr mx tires they hook up pretty damn good and mine have lasted just fine. They do seem to wear alittle faster than some tires but they should still last at least one season. For 310$ i got a all four tires and rims (douglas red labels) i dont know about you but im not complaining about that at all. Lately i have seen alot of people using kenda klaws and from what i hear they are also a damn good tire. I think they run around the same price also.

Just a little F.Y.I, Im one of those 14 year old retards who spins donuts and roosts off my tires, but i just buy more, its more fun that way!!! But im 25!

Ha Ha, but its you buying the tires. Not relying on Daddy's checkbook

Razrs are good tires, I'm about to have a set mounted today or monday on my banshee. I thought about the razr2's, but I like the idea of being able to break traction when I want to. I noticed alot of the GNCC racers will run razr2 fronts, but either regular razr or irazr rears. I've also had good luck with these tires in the past, other than 4 plys busting like crazy if you ride hard or anywhere rocky. :beer:

i had a set of regular razrs on my shee, they worked fine, if you get the 6 ply version, they are just a uittle heaiver { any 6 ply tire is usually heaVY THOUGH} IF YOUR NOT XC OR DESERT RACING AND A I WOULD A get the 4 ply versions

i run the I-Razrs on my yfz for XC racing, one of the best tires ive used, but they wear quick!!!

Edited by helldriver