stalling

foxy30

Hello guys,

I have a 2002 banshee,thats was stalling out.alot of people told me to clean the carbs,replace the reeds.did all that and it still idles high,runs for about 5 and stalls,wait a few mins and starts for 5 mins and stalls.I've heard alot about the tors but don't now if i have them.this banshee has a twist throttle,could that have something todo with it.can someone help me please.thanks

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello guys,

I have a 2002 banshee,thats was stalling out.alot of people told me to clean the carbs,replace the reeds.did all that and it still idles high,runs for about 5 and stalls,wait a few mins and starts for 5 mins and stalls.I've heard alot about the tors but don't now if i have them.this banshee has a twist throttle,could that have something todo with it.can someone help me please.thanks

this is all stock banshee,please help,the next thing is to sell it

tors could be the problem but i would check the cdi as well......read "she quits on me " on bottom of page 3 to see if it sounds logical

i replaced the spark plugs,the guy that did it said i was getting spark on both sides,i really don't no if the tors are on or off.someone said that if i have a twist throttle that the tors would be off,how can i tell,it idles really high.thanks

read the bottom of "she quits on me" about the running then stalling then let it cool down then runs again.sounds like you have a similiar prob

i have 2 banshees 2003 works fine,the 2002 stalls like i said,but its got no balls to it either,it bogs in 1 gear,just doesn't have the punch like the 2003.

The TORS is basically a unit thats about idk 4 or 5 inches tall, it attaches to the top of your carbs and has a little knob on the top. If you dont have it you will just have carb caps like normal carbs with cables comming out of the top, no electrical wires or anything like that.

Let me know if you have them or not ill help you out.

Also when you get it running spray some starting fluid around your reeds, carb boots, anything that is bolted onto the engine to see if you have any air leaks.

If it revs up you have an air leak.

Never mind the starting fluid thing i read your post wrong. I mean you can do it if you want but i dont think thats your problem.

K, do this, check the spark yourself. Pull the plugs, attach an alligator clip to the bottom of the plug and attach the other end to your frame. Kick it see if you see a nice fat blue spark. You could be getting a weak spark.

Check the spark and let me know.

If the spark sucks and you have the TORS then you should start there and remove it, then see what happens.

The TORS is basically a unit thats about idk 4 or 5 inches tall, it attaches to the top of your carbs and has a little knob on the top. If you dont have it you will just have carb caps like normal carbs with cables comming out of the top, no electrical wires or anything like that.

Let me know if you have them or not ill help you out.

Also when you get it running spray some starting fluid around your reeds, carb boots, anything that is bolted onto the engine to see if you have any air leaks.

If it revs up you have an air leak.

Never mind the starting fluid thing i read your post wrong. I mean you can do it if you want but i dont think thats your problem.

K, do this, check the spark yourself. Pull the plugs, attach an alligator clip to the bottom of the plug and attach the other end to your frame. Kick it see if you see a nice fat blue spark. You could be getting a weak spark.

Check the spark and let me know.

If the spark sucks and you have the TORS then you should start there and remove it, then see what happens.

I think the tors are off,because i have a stwiet throttle and the thing u said is off.its on my 2003

anything else u can think of will help me thanks

I think the tors are off,because i have a stwiet throttle and the thing u said is off.its on my 2003

anything else u can think of will help me thanks

Does anyone know what the cdi is iwant to check them today,i think that might be my problem.

would it still idle really high if that was the problem?hope someone can help

Does anyone know what the cdi is iwant to check them today,i think that might be my problem.

would it still idle really high if that was the problem?hope someone can help

The CDI is the box under the seat by the grab bar. One way of testing it would be taking the CDI off one of your other banshee's and putting it on the other one. If all is good then that is your problem. I have a feeling its not the CDI being you said the idle is high. I would try what was said before and take some carb cleaner ( i prefer carb cleaner over starting fliud) and spray it around the cylinders and see if the idle changes.

The CDI is the box under the seat by the grab bar. One way of testing it would be taking the CDI off one of your other banshee's and putting it on the other one. If all is good then that is your problem. I have a feeling its not the CDI being you said the idle is high. I would try what was said before and take some carb cleaner ( i prefer carb cleaner over starting fliud) and spray it around the cylinders and see if the idle changes.

got it to idle little better,but alot of white smoke(alot)and still bogging in 1 gear.do i spray the carb and the cylinders.what else or is that it.thanks.i'm almost fed up with think,about to put it on ebay

got it to idle little better,but alot of white smoke(alot)and still bogging in 1 gear.do i spray the carb and the cylinders.what else or is that it.thanks.i'm almost fed up with think,about to put it on ebay

the white smoke tells me its rich.....and also on another one of your posts you said the plug was wet......

Like the others said check the spark....if it has a nice fat blue spark then youre good there...

personally i think the jetting is off......but thats just my .02