Fitting problems with trinity stage4 pipes

Fre530d

Hey Guys ,

Just received my trinity pipes and tried mounting them , left side is ok but the right side

rubs the frame real bad.

Impossible to fully slide over the cylinder flange.

Look at the difference between left and right.

On the left I have a distance of about 1/2 " to the frame tube.

On the right it's fully pressed against it.

I also notice that the back tubes of the front pipes are bent on the left side

but aren't on the right side. :banghead:

Those fuckers really messed up.

Made on a monday morning I suppose.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

On the following pic you can see a difference between the 2 silencer pipes,

there bent completely different. Is that normal?

DSC_0008.jpg

Anyone had the some problems I have?

Did your pipes look exactly the same ( but the mirror image)

or was it a completely different model left and right side?

THX

Fred

Edited by Fre530d

I had a similar problem with mine, turns out its the angle that the stock hangers hold the pipes.

Buy a set of RIS Designs billet head pipe hangers...problem solved. Plus they look sweet and hold the pipes solid.

If you look on their site, it's very out of date so give them a call. Very good guys.

PS- those pipes rip, you'll be happy

...and they will fit a lot better than most you see out there (w/o naming names)

Edited by AssWhore

Man I just installed my stage 4's this past weekend and had the EXACT same problem! It took a bunch of grease and two strong guys to jam the pipe over the exhaust port, on the right side that is. The left side fit great. It also hit the frame in the same place you said until I tightened everything up, then it fit ok.

Overall though the pipes seem to rip real good. They a nice sound, kinda banshee"esque" and kinda of ferrari"esque".

Hey man, dont want to hijack your thread but I was just got a question to people who do run these pipes. Just wondering how far they stick out compared to CPI pipes? Thats what Im currently running and I love the top end power but I would like a little more mid and I also dont like how they stick out so close to my legs.

They have killer mid-top end power.

And one of the features I like the most about them is that they don't stick out much at all by your legs. I like to ride in shorts when it's hot, especially duning (my friends think I'm crazy) and I've yet to burn my legs. Infact, when I'm sitting on my shee, my feet would have to be up near the A-arms or the front tires to even come close to touching the pipes with my legs. :ninja:

They are the only set up that doesn't use a clamp between the head pipe and the mid pipe (to my knowledge) so they really tuck in the frame nicely.

The only thing I don't love about em...is the money I had to part with to get em. $$$ :wink:

So you guys say it's normal when the pipe hits the frame?

Will it not damage the frame or make noise when it's rubbing the frame all of the time?

Why do they make two different models and not just a mirror image of the left pipe?

WFG

Fred

So you guys say it's normal when the pipe hits the frame?

Will it not damage the frame or make noise when it's rubbing the frame all of the time?

Why do they make two different models and not just a mirror image of the left pipe?

WFG

Fred

No it's not normal. Mine fit perfectly. I didn't have any issue's with frame clearance at all. I try and get some pics up probably tomorrow sometime. Only issue's I've had with the pipes is hard getting the expansion chambers mounted to E-ports. Slight leak of unburned pre-mix at the can mid-pipe junction. I just used some silicone to seal that off.

No it's not normal. Mine fit perfectly. I didn't have any issue's with frame clearance at all. I try and get some pics up probably tomorrow sometime. Only issue's I've had with the pipes is hard getting the expansion chambers mounted to E-ports. Slight leak of unburned pre-mix at the can mid-pipe junction. I just used some silicone to seal that off.

It would be nice to see some pics,

a detail now, how is the stage 4 text pointed when you screw the silencer

to the silencer tube?

WFG

Fred

PDR_0067-1.jpg

PDR_0068.jpg

PDR_0069.jpg

PDR_0071.jpg

Thats some nice fitting brad.

Even Your silencers line up perfectly.

My left one points upside (the text)

Even my left pipe thats fit Ok doesn't fit as well as your both pipes do.

I deffinitely need another pair.

When I pay for well fabricated pipes and wont well fabricated pipes.

PS very nice polished engine parts and silencer.

Did a good job there.

Prob a lot of work?

THX for posting the pics.

:wink:

Edited by Fre530d