112 octane vs. 118 octane?

J-Madd

I've been running 112, but my drum is empty. I've got a friend that sells 118. Is there any added benefit at all to running 118 if it's running fine on 112. Mods are in my sig. Compression and elevation are about 160 psi and 300ft, respectively.

I've been running 112, but my drum is empty. I've got a friend that sells 118. Is there any added benefit at all to running 118 if it's running fine on 112. Mods are in my sig. Compression and elevation are about 160 psi and 300ft, respectively.

your probly going to lose a very small amount of power running 118 oct with 160 psi, it will run cooler but its going to be harder for your motor to ignite it. im sure you will be fine running it and the amount lost will be so small you wont really be able to tell but like i said your compression is more around 110...

how much lead additive would you put in a gallon of pre mix ?

You don't need it....just use a quality two stroke premix.

However...round here, you can't find race gas that doesn't contain lead.

So...for that reason, I run 40:1 in race gas bikes and 32:1 in pump gas bikes.

Yes, aviation has less lead, but is lower in octane to. Normally 100.

If I remember it is low lead as far as av goes higer than regular leaded race fuel. Bansh the lead does help alot with lubrication 2 strokes love it.

there is NO need for lead to lubricate a 2 stroke. if that was the case then alky would need some additive to it... love it or not its not needed

i use the " instead of lead " additives for extra lubrication. never had a seizure but im pretty tame in mods lead is pretty hard om sparkplugs too

like dajo said use a quality premix and you dont need any additive