421 cub ?

r/atvshee

i already know that they are a 4mm stroke/68mm bore but what i dont know is are they good for hillshooting like olds, i mainly do a mix of drag/hillshooting. also what would i need to replace besides clutch parts and swinger? and would i have to switch to race gas or keep it pump..im starting to head towards this setup more and more :cool:

i already know that they are a 4mm stroke/68mm bore but what i dont know is are they good for hillshooting like olds, i mainly do a mix of drag/hillshooting. also what would i need to replace besides clutch parts and swinger? and would i have to switch to race gas or keep it pump..im starting to head towards this setup more and more :cool:

that bike would kill rippin up olds! if your wanting to run pump dont get a cubby lol... if your going to spend all that money and put small domes on it your wastig your time.. stick with some 20's or smaller...

after i sell my house and move back into military housing im getting me a set of cubs... youll see me rippin up olds like its going out of style..

Edited by Bansh-eman

Why not get cubs and run pump gas? you can easily run those with pump if set of cubs just depends on how you build it!

lol you be the one to put some cubs on and run pump gas... let me know how long your pistons last much less try to climb olds....

cubs are made for high rpms wot ... not putting around in 2nd gear... you would be a fool to run anything but race gas... your wasting your money... if you want to run pump then you might as well stay stock and get new reeds asvance your timing and pod it

Edited by Bansh-eman

There is a lot more to compression than bore size...

CC of the head, squish clearance and angle, etc.

As long as you keep the cranking compression low...you could run pump gas.

But, the cub is built as a dune/drag motor. Not running race gas would almost be a sin...and they love timing too....

They make all their power up top..period. It's a WOT motor....

That being said...I love the shit out of mine....can't wait to make it even better...SOON!!

To answer your other questions, many will tell you a lockup clutch and a dunable override are the ticket.

Banshees shift like shit out of the crate. Nearly triple stock HP....yeah...it's worse.

You should get a good set of top end pipes, a la Shearer, CPI,, GRR, Rockets....

As well as a good set of bigger carbs. 35PWK are a fine choice...but, you can go bigger!

Swingarm length is a big factor... Shock type/setup, rollout, size of paddle and number of rows all play a huge part in deciding swingarm length....

Tyler (locogato....83) hill shoots, and had a 4 mil cub, he can probably advise you on tire choice and swinger length....

why would 68mm be any more compression than 64mm ? grand river said you could run pump gas if you get 22 or larger domes

whats the point of getting a cub if your going to run 22 or bigger domes and try to run pump gas? you basically building a dragster but you want to putt around on it... a 68 bore with 18s or 19s your going to have well over 170psi no way your going to run pump gas... if your going to spend money on a cub and run bigger domes you might as well stay stock jugs and get you a agreesive dune or drag port...

i dont want to putt it around, i just dont want to spend that much money on gas.....this comming december we will see

your going to be wasting alot more money if you try to run pump... and when it blows up remember i told you so... or if for some crayz reason you get huge dome so you can run pump your going to realize you wasted 1200 bucks...