HELP!

kubiac3

I recently rebuilt my whole motor, put it in and now spark, rewired the whole bike. I now have spark! Heres the problem, it wont run. It will fire for like split seconds at a time. I was wondering what you guys think this problem would be. I installed a degree key recently too. I pulled the flywheel today to see if the degree key sheared off, everything is fine in there. The gap between my pickup coil and fly wheel is .22

Any input would be awesome. Im stumped on this.

I recently rebuilt my whole motor, put it in and now spark, rewired the whole bike. I now have spark! Heres the problem, it wont run. It will fire for like split seconds at a time. I was wondering what you guys think this problem would be. I installed a degree key recently too. I pulled the flywheel today to see if the degree key sheared off, everything is fine in there. The gap between my pickup coil and fly wheel is .22

Is the gas on? HEHE happends to all of us

Floats adjusted correctly?

Gas in teh tank?

Reeds in good shape?

It will fire for like split seconds at a time.

Reed valve problems will cause that. You sure you didn't leave a paper towel or anything in your

intakes? Are you sure your reeds are in good shape? A really bad case leak could cause that but if it's just a little leak it will usually run and either rev high or burn oil. :shrug:

The only mod I did was the timing key, Reeds are good, choke tube is there, gas is on and in the tank.

I havent done a leak down test. I have to buy a tool to do that right?

Also I was looking at the wireing diagram in the manual and I noticed the ground that comes out of the stator, well I never hooked that up, Im going to hook it up tonight and see what happens. I hope thats it.

I did a compression test when I put it back together and I have 120 lbs in each cylindar.

Yea the coolant was totally out, I painted the head and cylindars and cases when I had it apart. Im for a loss of ideas as to what it is. Im going to go through the wireing again tonight. If i dont figure it out its going to the shop the next day and let them figure it out.