Rev vs. Green Sticker

Ok, I've been looking at green vs red stickers trying to understand how they work. I've figured out that a red sticker restricts your riding season to certain times of the year. My question is, which year Banshees get a red sticker, 2002 and earlier? I guess the red sticker is based on year and VIN number. I think if the 8th digit is a 3 or a C, then you get a red sticker. What if you have a 2002 Banshee with a C or a 3 in the 8th place, does it get a green or red sticker? I plan on riding mostly during the summer, which appears to be black out time for red stickers. Thanks!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've been looking at green vs red stickers trying to understand how they work. I've figured out that a red sticker restricts your riding season to certain times of the year. My question is, which year Banshees get a red sticker, 2002 and earlier? I guess the red sticker is based on year and VIN number. I think if the 8th digit is a 3 or a C, then you get a red sticker. What if you have a 2002 Banshee with a C or a 3 in the 8th place, does it get a green or red sticker? I plan on riding mostly during the summer, which appears to be black out time for red stickers. Thanks!

I have all the answers for this topic. I learned the hard way by buying a 03' blaster for my gf. Didn't know it was getting a red sticker. Then I bought her an 02' blaster green stickered. We then took swapped fron ends so that the 02' could have the hydro disc brakes and put the drums on the 03' and sold it for the same amount I bought it for.

02 banshees and older get a green sticker. 03 and newer red

Edited by Hollister_Hitman

I have all the answers for this topic. I learned the hard way by buying a 03' blaster for my gf. Didn't know it was getting a red sticker. Then I bought her an 02' blaster green stickered. We then took swapped fron ends so that the 02' could have the hydro disc brakes and put the drums on the 03' and sold it for the same amount I bought it for.

02 banshees and older get a green sticker. 03 and newer red

Cool! So they get green stickers even if the VIN says it should get a red?

Cool! So they get green stickers even if the VIN says it should get a red?

Yep, because a few years ago it would have got a red that is why your vin # says you get a red sticker. Then luckily they changed the rule to 03 and newer get red. I think it used to be like 98 and newer get red. My brother bought my banshee brand new in 01' and it had a red sticker on it. Then he didn't ride or register it. Then I bought it last year and when I went and registered it I thught the DMV made a mistake of giving me a green sticker.

03 hre and its green and my buddy the same dmv is stupid if you go in you will get a green if you send it in you get a red last 2 years green for me..

its usually to hot to ride in the summer out here anyways, easier to buy on 02 or later as stated or reg out of state like az or nevada.

03 hre and its green and my buddy the same dmv is stupid if you go in you will get a green if you send it in you get a red last 2 years green for me..

its usually to hot to ride in the summer out here anyways, easier to buy on 02 or later as stated or reg out of state like az or nevada.

Up here you can't ride Jun, Jul, Aug, and Sep. It is really hot and dry during those times but I just go early in the morning. That is weird that the dmv would give you a green sticker. My friend never registered his bike and always just slapped the green sticker from his 80 on it.

thought the same they even sent me and my friend the green one year this year he did not recieve his sticker went to dmv and got a green a day later the red showed in the mail there are ways around the sticker as you have stated dont act like and idiot have a spark arrestor and you wont get hassled about it, we went to pismo in june no red allowed they never checked we had 3 red sticker bansheees with us. There is enough people riding with out helments double no flags no spark arrestor and such that it makes it easy to fly under radar

thought the same they even sent me and my friend the green one year this year he did not recieve his sticker went to dmv and got a green a day later the red showed in the mail there are ways around the sticker as you have stated dont act like and idiot have a spark arrestor and you wont get hassled about it, we went to pismo in june no red allowed they never checked we had 3 red sticker bansheees with us. There is enough people riding with out helments double no flags no spark arrestor and such that it makes it easy to fly under radar

Yeah, I thougth about jsut putting a green sticker on my Gf's blaster but I wanted to do it the legit way, plus we got free hydrolic disc brakes out of it. Those drum brakes sucked ass!

:banghead: Yeah, thats why I bought my wife an '03 Raptor, daughter and '03 warrior, and my Banshee is an '02 because I didn't want to get involved with the red sticker. The interesting part about the whole thing is there were no changes made to the motors between '02 and '03. So, unless it is a California smog thing for bikes made in '03 and later. Sounds pretty idiotic to me..............

:banghead: Yeah, thats why I bought my wife an '03 Raptor, daughter and '03 warrior, and my Banshee is an '02 because I didn't want to get involved with the red sticker. The interesting part about the whole thing is there were no changes made to the motors between '02 and '03. So, unless it is a California smog thing for bikes made in '03 and later. Sounds pretty idiotic to me..............

Yep, it's like how older cars don't need to be smogged.

Ok so you guys have to have a sticker saying when you can ride and when you can't? That's the biggest crock of shiz I have ever heard of. You bought it, its your right to ride it when you want. Forget that crapola! :down:

Yep red sticker and you can't ride most places jun, july aug, and sept. you can't even get into the place I ride without the rangers checking either, but I have a green sticker so I can ride all year

Yep red sticker and you can't ride most places jun, july aug, and sept. you can't even get into the place I ride without the rangers checking either, but I have a green sticker so I can ride all year

I haven't seen anyone check ever, but then again I've only been to Pismo dunes and Prarie city.