PIcs of a arm damage

got the pictures finally. need advise for the repair. the A arm is 1" from the mount and the frame is pushed inwards about 1/2" should be able to bend frame back out. you can see the part of the frame where it is bent with the rope. any tips?? i am going to tack weld a washer to the front a arm mount and replace a arm. also looking at trying to straighten the frame out.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/fasstbanshee/1.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/fasstbanshee/2.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/fasstbanshee/3.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/fasstbanshee/4.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m226/fa...e/frontview.jpg

Edited by fasstbanshee

I dont think your frame is bent , wouldnt the impact the way it bent the a arm make the frame bend the other way you think it is bent . I think all banshee frames have that weird curve in them, The easiest way to see if a bike is bent is to put it standing up leanning on the back bar and look at it.

I dont think your frame is bent , wouldnt the impact the way it bent the a arm make the frame bend the other way you think it is bent . I think all banshee frames have that weird curve in them, The easiest way to see if a bike is bent is to put it standing up leanning on the back bar and look at it.

i think it is bent on the left side between rear a arm mount and foot peg looking at the bend in the frame. i don't have a pic of it standing up but i can work on getting one it will be a few days. the worst thing about it is the front a arm mount i can't believe nobody makes those mounts.

oh another thing this all happened on my third ride (on my 06') out in Maine. SUCKS BAD!

Edited by fasstbanshee

I think just leave the mount like it is just take the a arm off, bend the far side back and tack a washer on this side , buy a new a-arm and it should be fine . Ive seen alot worst than that before.

I think your a-arms took most of the shock and your frame is still in top shape , youl see once the bike is standing up if the frame got serious damage.

frontview.jpg

seems fine to me

Edited by djackbanshee

It probably isn't that bad i do have a new a arm already so i will put that on and re-evaluate the damage as long as the steering is good i should be fine.

Take it to a reputable race or offroad shop. THey can make you a new mount that should be better than the factory turd for $120 or so. :beer:

i've looked briefly for a shop that would make the mount but no one willing to make them . most shops around me are custom 4x4 truck shops only. if you know of anyone i am sure there is someone who makes them looking at the frame mount it doesn't seem like theres that much invloved in making it.

Edited by fasstbanshee

Stock frames don't have that bend to them. You have tweaked your frame somewhere along the line. I would suggest getting a new one and swap everything over. Chop it and extend the front end out and make a drag frame out of yours. LOL I wouldn't use a washer for the a-arm mount. There is WAY too much stress for something like that. You will need some kind of new mount fabbed up and welded in place of the old one.

That tear is easy enough to repair if you have the correct tools, but from the 3rd pic it does not look good in my oppinion.

Your call...

i am going to make the repair with a buddy of mine who thinks he can weld it up good and go from there i will revaluate the condition when done doing what . i am going to do this on Monday i will send pics and keep you updated. Also got a tool that should push that part of the frame out. as it sits now because the bike is so new i can tell where the paint chipped off and can see exactly what sections got beat up. amazingly no bent tie rods lol

Edited by fasstbanshee

Hey my friend did the welding for me did an awsome job i think looks stronger than stock. However like you all said i do need a knew frame it is twisted in an S shape that i can't live with. So my next step over the winter is to get a new frame that is powdercoated blue and gusseted. although i am on a tight budget because i have to put a new bottom end in my tri z. this will be an expensive winter. oh well i will post some pictures later in the week to show the repair.