the world record

BANJO

well.. its not on a shee???

terry wilmeth on his alba raptor with nos.. has the world record at 149.40mph..

now i can see this 4 stroke pulling it off but why havent we seen any banshee's doing world record runs.. iv seen shee's do 120mph in 5 sec... all engine.. there are shees out there with enough power to turn any gearing/tire... somone needs to beat this record... on a shee...

hell' if i had the money id get a motor built and fab a super small gear for the rear and get some big hoosiers and a bottle of juice.. i just hate seeing all these crazzzzzzzzy fast drag shees pullin stupid speeds in a matter of seconds and not getting no headlines.. i hardly ever see anymore shees in dirtwheels or the others.. only the od pic...

anyways... perty fast on a quad..

but the 90mph can am 4x4 really impresses me..

peace devin

That "record raptor" is a load of shit. The raptor engine isn't what got it going so fast, its the rocket engine he had on the thing. Strap a rocket to a recon, and I'll bet it could break 100.

On a more serious note, if there were any "official" records, Id bet the banshee would have it no doubt. I've seen more than a few doing 110+ mph in the 1/4.

Hell man 120 in 5 seconds, Thats damn impressive. Ive never seen it but Im almost sure Banshees have met or even beat that record already. Mod for Mod we know we have the faster bike its just mags dont really want to cover Banshees anymore they dont sell them therefore there is no money in promoting them. These so called ATV magazines are biast as hell when companys pay them to be and thats what it all comes down too. The ones who put up the most cash win the "Shootouts"

All I wanna know is WHAT CHA GONNA DO raptors WHAT CHA GONNA DO WHEN I LET MY BANSHEE RUN WILD ON YOOOU!

the rocket raptor is old..

that was the last record.. this raptor was just done with nos..not sure what shot of nos but it was probly big..lol

the rocket craptor only went 129mph i think.. dont hold me to that..

this raptor didnt do no 120 in 5 sec's it was a banshee i was speaking of.. i have the video somwhere perty sure it came off this site.. its the video with the 3 banshee's and a blaster draging on a pavment race way.. i think it was a triple banshee tho..

but anyways... it would still be nice to see a banshee with the title.. we all know that shee's are the fastest..

and for the can am... its a 800 twin wiuth the front axles taken out.. so its a 2wd.. with the egine pumping 80hp... it reaches 90mph.. and stomps stock yfz's after first gear.. cuz the can am is automatic.. i think its pertty impressive.. id hate to lose to it with my shee.. i think i would cry..lol..

props tho.. all this info is in the new dirtwheels mag.. check it out..

peace devin

aren't there more rules to breaking the top speed other than just getting there and your done.

I heard you have to do it like 3 times and hold the speed for a certain distance.

if this is so its probably why the shee isn't at the top, we all know that it could beat this top speed but not three times in a row and for a long distance.

not 100% sure but just what I heard.

and for the can am... its a 800 twin wiuth the front axles taken out.. so its a 2wd.. with the egine pumping 80hp... it reaches 90mph.. and stomps stock yfz's after first gear.. cuz the can am is automatic.. i think its pertty impressive.. id hate to lose to it with my shee.. i think i would cry..lol..

props tho.. all this info is in the new dirtwheels mag.. check it out..

peace devin

hopefuly they aren't claiming 80rwhp stock...........if so that is a crock of $hit.....

thats true i think.. there are serton rules..

i still think you could build an engine to with stand 3 30 sec runs.. at wot..

but we might not ever know.. costs alot of money to build an engine to watch it blow into peices..

at least we know there arnt now 4stroke atv engines that will compete with the shee engine..

when it comes to drag racin..

peace devin

I'd be happy to try when mine's all finished... :thumbsup:

Anyone happen to know what I would need to do to make it "official"? :shrug:

I'm guessing a 1/4 mile track wouldn't cut it, would have to find a really nice road or track with a long straight-away. I don't mind driving across the US if anyone knows where to find one.

-Tim

I'd be happy to try when mine's all finished... :thumbsup:

Anyone happen to know what I would need to do to make it "official"? :shrug:

I'm guessing a 1/4 mile track wouldn't cut it, would have to find a really nice road or track with a long straight-away. I don't mind driving across the US if anyone knows where to find one.

-Tim

Bonneville Salt Flats...where just about any land speed record is recorded. Miles, and miles...and miles of flat open land.

They're in Utah.

the can am... i think they said 60hp stock and the 1 they are racing has 80hp.. i dont think its even to the wheels... might just be 80engine hp..

and i know a shee could beat this record.. with nos the top speed would be sick with a super tall gearing and the funny thing would be how fast it got to top speed.. it would smoke that raptor..lol.. it would be a funny sight and it would probly only cost half the price as the craptor engine..

peace devin