? about stroker cubs

svtjames

You are talking about separate things. The Cubs are just the cylinders, and you can have these stock stroke or what they call long-rod. This will also mean that you have to get a stroker crank as well. The domes are in the head and if you run the long rod stroked cub, yes you need custom or stroker domes. The cool thing about the cubs is that you can run all stock parts if you are running stock stroke, until you want to upgrade. But the cubs will be no where near their potential power output either. Others will chime in here with more info, but thats the cliffs-notes version. You really wnat to know more about the different cub set-ups contact Jeff at FAST. He goes by FASTOYS on here. Great guy and he'll answer all your questions................ :beer:

You buy the cub for the stroke you want they are cast in stock, 4mm, 7mm, 10mm and so on. When using a long rod crand you will need the pistons to go with it. With the cub you will not need to use the dome cut for the stroke the cylinder is cast for that already if I remember correctly.

You buy the cub for the stroke you want they are cast in stock, 4mm, 7mm, 10mm and so on. When using a long rod crand you will need the pistons to go with it. With the cub you will not need to use the dome cut for the stroke the cylinder is cast for that already if I remember correctly.

That's what I thought.

I ran both stock stroke cub and 4mm cub castings. They are different. The stock stroke I ran with my 4mm crank and I had to use cut domes or a spacer plate to make them work right, but the port timings were always off and it was screwing me out of power. I got the ones cast for the 4mm and didn't need the spacer plate or specially cut domes any more. I did still need to use the 795 series pistons for my longer rods though.

- Jared