maxima 927 or klotz supertechniplate

blacklimited05

Out of those two oils which one burns cleaner? I have been running the castor927 for 3 years and I get alot of carbon buildup in pipes and the tops of the pistons. I think i will be switching to belray H1R synthetic premix @40:1.

KLOTZ is Awesome

Both are good oils for certain things. The castor oils tend to carbon up sooner than most synthetic oils. Maxima 927 is a castor oil and has kinda of a sweet smell to it cause of the castor oil. Klotz Super Techniplate is a synthetic blend with 20% castor oil and the Klotz also has a racey odor added to the sweet smell of the castor so it kinda smells well .......perfumey (if that is a word) . lol

The Maxima 927 is harder (thicker) to mix when in colder climates though but the Klotz is not.

I prefer Klotz motorcycle TCW3 black label as it burns much cleaner, smokes less, and saves me money on my car insurance. $ :jesterlaugh: lol

I run both. I run Maxima 927 in my CR500 and YZ250, and have had nothing but good luck with it. Upon every tear down all the internal parts have a coating of oil on them. As for the Klotz techniplate, I run it in my Banshee, just for the simple fact that I wasn't totaly positive that the 927 was compatable with alky. After researching it, I have found that 927 DOES mix with alky, but it seperates after time, so I think I'll stick with the Klotz for the drag bike. In my opinion the 927 protects better tho.

Personally, I could care less about the smell or carbon. No smoke smells good, and my motors usually dont have time to carbon up before they are rebuilt. As long as the oil does its job and keeps the sumbitch from blowing up I'm happy.

Honestly, who sniffs their gas or exhaust and thinks to themselves, OMG that smells good?