Clear plastic tubing

GEEZR

I'm seeing more and more bikes out there with clear plastic tubing for their radiator hose.

Does anyone know specifically what type of plastic they're using? PVC ? TYGON ?

I think it looks pretty cool .

i dont know what type it is but you can get it out of rocky mountain. i think it is a waste of money because its like $90. i would rather do other things to my bike then that.

$90 to a 100 BUCKS !!! :baseball_w00t: YIPES !!!

Yeah, I've seen that stuff at Lowe's . I think I'll give it a try. I just wonder what the max. temp rating is on it though. thanks.

I am not sure but all my buddy and I run it I run it on my drag banshee never had a problem..... They use the same hose for hot tubs you will not have a problem running it

I run the braided tubing out in the dunes, with no problems at all. and most of my day is hillshooting.

I just got a 6 ft. pc. of the clear braided stuff last night at the local hardware store. $5 bucks.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try the boiling water trick. :flamewar:

You might try pulling a little on it too. See what happens. Dont for get about the pressure that the radiator builds up too. Hate to have a riding trip ruined due to a blown hose.

keep us informed i want to know about that shit...hot tubs typically dont get above 120 degrees farenheit so im sure that the coolant running through your bikes is around 400 to 500 degrees...that could meen melting plastic in your whole cooling system such as the impellar....??

I highly dout its 400-500 degrees... more like 180 =)