florida

New law in effect oct. 1 you can ride (quads) on any dirt road legally if speed limit is 30 or less.

Not A real big deal but it would be nice. slowing down to 30 would be easier than trying to run & in pasco co. there are alot of dirt roads.

Has anybody else heard about this?

I heard its all counties unless they opt. out ?

make sure this isnt a hoax before going out and doing it. and you can bet the local pigs wont divulge any info.

i would love to know about this as i live on a dirt road and my whole neighborhood is dirt roads. i could ride for hours and not go down the same road twice.

Well then your excuse would sound like, well your honor I'm really sorry but I don't have a speedometer and since the officer didn't show me the radar unit with my speed still locked in, I really don't know how fast I was going. :yelrotflmao:

He caught me so I couldn't be going that fast, or then ask them when the road was last surveyed. I've seen a lot of tickets out here in Cali get thrown out because by law there has to be a survey (the little rubber hoses that cross the road for a week) done at least once a year to verify traffic speed on a particular road.

That makes sure that the flow of traffic is accurate with the posted speed limit, and vice versa. Might check it out, it may work for you............... :beer:

316.2123(1) The operation of an off-highway vehicle is permitted by a licensed driver during daylight hours on an unpaved roadway where the posted speed limit is less than 35 mph and proof of ownership is available. Minors may operate off-highway vehicles in the same manner if supervised by a licensed driver.

316:2123

wow thats fantastic!@

now heres a new problem, say i go out tomorrow and ride around on my dirt roads. obviously im going to get pulled over because im sure the cops dont knnow about this new legislation. i think that we will need some sort of offical document to show the cops that its legal to ride because they obviously are not going to believe anyone who just tells them "some new law was passed".

wow thats fantastic!@

now heres a new problem, say i go out tomorrow and ride around on my dirt roads. obviously im going to get pulled over because im sure the cops dont knnow about this new legislation. i think that we will need some sort of offical document to show the cops that its legal to ride because they obviously are not going to believe anyone who just tells them "some new law was passed".

don't go out tomorrow It's not in effect till oct!

we need to read more on it ,go to the link & remove the ending of the address & that site has info #'s ect.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us

Edited by 375hp banshees

i just got back from the dmv, i brought a printout of th website and i tried to get them to give me some sort of offical florida document with a state seal showing that it is now legal to ride on dirt roads. i was unsucessfull. they had no such documents, but they said sence this is so new, they might still be on the way.

basically, i would advise that noone ride on public roads untill we can all get offical florida documents showing that its legal to show the cops. and you can bet you will be getting pulled over. so you need this dicument.

if anyone else in florida would care to drop by their dmv and inquire about this, it would be most appreciated.

• 1 month later...

New law in effect oct. 1 you can ride (quads) on any dirt road legally if speed limit is 30 or less.

Not A real big deal but it would be nice. slowing down to 30 would be easier than trying to run & in pasco co. there are alot of dirt roads.

Has anybody else heard about this?

I heard its all counties unless they opt. out ?

its on the 10'o clock news now!!!!!!!

edit: its official !!! just have to see if your co. opted out !!!!

Edited by 375hp banshees

You're thinking about this wrong. Sure the cop might not know, but the fact is if he pulls you over and you were following the law, then they are breaking the law for pulling you over. All you have to do is simply have your proof of ownership, and remember the law number. They try and hassle you, tell them the law, tell them to radio dispatch and find out about it.

They do anything like impounding your quad, or arresting you, you will OWN that department.

Hell Id already be riding all over just hoping for a cop to see me.