Screw Mondays

brian

so ture wish I where back in school. Life was so easy hey mom and dad I need this, this and this. Now I got to buy everything myself. :shoothead:

My parents don't give me hand outs. They did by the bike but I still had to work for it. The only things they bought for my bike were the pipes(used for $300, only christmas gift christmas), single carb(b-day, only gift), pistons and crank(reroofed our shed, took five days). The rest of pwr radiator($350), a-arms($425), front shocks($850), rear shock rebuild($400), tires(when they wear out), billet water and cover($140), rims(when they get bent), painting the frame and other parts($150). All of this money came from a JOB i had working 10-12 hours a week at MINIMUM wage. Oh yeah my TRUCK. They matched the $1000 dollars I spent on the purchase and are paying for half the replacement parts(I am doing all of the work for replacing the motor while dad stands there and answers any of my Q's), and I am doing work to cover the costs like: washing thier cars inside&out, cleaning the garage once a week. Yes I am spoiled but they didn't buy the equivalent of a $3100 Loius Vaton(spelling) PURSE, like a couple of chicks in some of my classes, in banshee parts for a beginning of the school year present. I'm not saying I'm not spoiled but I sure as hell don't get handouts.

Edited by letsgetthisdone

My parents don't give me hand outs. They did by the bike but I still had to work for it. The only things they bought for my bike were the pipes(used for $300, only christmas gift christmas), single carb(b-day, only gift), pistons and crank(reroofed our shed, took five days). The rest of pwr radiator($350), a-arms($425), front shocks($850), rear shock rebuild($400), tires(when they wear out), billet water and cover($140), rims(when they get bent), painting the frame and other parts($150). All of this money came from a JOB i had working 10-12 hours a week at MINIMUM wage. Oh yeah my TRUCK. They matched the $1000 dollars I spent on the purchase and are paying for half the replacement parts(I am doing all of the work for replacing the motor while dad stands there and answers any of my Q's), and I am doing work to cover the costs like: washing thier cars inside&out, cleaning the garage once a week. Yes I am spoiled but they didn't buy the equivalent of a $3100 Loius Vaton(spelling) PURSE, like a couple of chicks in some of my classes, in banshee parts for a beginning of the school year present. I'm not saying I'm not spoiled but I sure as hell don't get handouts.

You're missing the point though. All that stuff is stuff you want. You don't need a car, or need a quad. If you got fired tomorrow, nothing catastrophic would happen. If your car blew up, you would still be alright. Everything you work for is stuff you want. You have no necessities that you pay for.

Just trust us, we've all been where you are, and said that same thing too. When I first moved out, there were some weeks when I had no food for days at a time. The only time I would get to eat was at work (cooking in a restraunt for $7.00).

Lol sounds like your parents give you quite a bit as it is. The only thing I've ever gotten for any of the quads I've ridden is hand warmers(back when I was younger and rode a sportsman) and then two months later dad had me buy my own...that son of a bitch just used me for my handwarmers...And yes mondays suck, but when you work in a restaurant and do constuction like I do, you really don't think of mondays being mondays at work, because you have to work through the weekend too.

Lol sounds like your parents give you quite a bit as it is.

My parents DON'T GIVE ME MY SHIT. MY SHIT IS NOT HANDED TO ME. When they buy me something that isn't for my birthday or christmas I do LOTS of extra chores or one long one (like reroofing the shed) to pay it off. I never said I had it hard. I was simply responding to that other guy saying I get handouts. WHile I do have easier than you guys I also don't have some of the privileges you do like say staying out past 10:00, going on a random glamis trip with some friends etc...

Dawarriorman says i don't need a car. I need it to get to work and go riding (when my parents allow me to). Therefore I need the job to pay for insurance and gas (which is hella expensive). And he doesn't "need" a car either, he could take the bus to work.

My point is not that I have it hard. My point is that I don't get handouts.

Edited by letsgetthisdone

I hate my job to. After 15 years I am finally going to start my own business. Now the SOB boss will be me. :biggrin:

You hit it right on the head! If you don't like going to work for someone else, get after it and work for yourself. There are to many opportunities out there.

RJV