rocket pipes -- cant find ANYTHING w/ the search

TheNewGuy

hey guys,

i've been searchin for some info about these pipes but cant get what im lookin for...

i have a set of big bore CPI inframes and someone offered to trade me straight across for some small bore rockets...im not familiar with the rocket pipe...i've only read about 3 posts saying they suck...and 3 posts saying they are good pipes...so im stuck between a rock and a hard place...im lookin to switch to a small bore drag pipe (cpi or shearer were in mind)...i'm ported, bored over, and geared down -- i only ride dunes and usually end up drag racing (more than 300')...wondering what ya'll thought...i'd like to hear some honest opinions about these pipes...and if someone has some inframe CPI's (small bore) i'd be down for an even trade...let me know -- ya'll are always great w/ info!

Mike

I have a set of rocket pipes on my Banshee and I love them. They pull like hell from low end to top end. And the Fit and Finish is real good on them and the also sound way cool.

do you know how they do in comparison to Small Bore CPI inframes or Shearers?

I can not say I have never tested and set of CPIs or a set of shearers. But I did line up with a banshee with a set of Shearers and it was a good race. I came out on top it was a 300ft drag race.

That fact alone doesn't even come close to making them a better pipe.

I could have a 10 mil Cub or twister running stock pipes that will beat a piped and jetted only banshee...does that mean stock pipes are better? HELL NO!!

Mods, weight, tires, gearing, the list goes on and on and on.

Do a search on Rocket Pipes...you should have tonz of threads to digest.

Plus...they still have a website.

http://www.rocketpipes.com/

on my old 4mm stock cylinder motor my rockets made 3 more hp and 3 more ft lbs of torque than cpi. the power came on sooner and turned a little more rpm. on that particular motor the rockets worked better, but on another cpi may work better. id say if you do more duning then stay away from the shearers and look more towards some cpi or the rockets. my personal nod would be to go with the rockets, but in all reality youll get a million different opinions on this...

• 2 weeks later...

on my old 4mm stock cylinder motor my rockets made 3 more hp and 3 more ft lbs of torque than cpi. the power came on sooner and turned a little more rpm. on that particular motor the rockets worked better, but on another cpi may work better. id say if you do more duning then stay away from the shearers and look more towards some cpi or the rockets. my personal nod would be to go with the rockets, but in all reality youll get a million different opinions on this...

Hey Guys im new here I mainly go on ATV Connection. It just so Happens that my Boss has Bought RocketPipes. I have a set on my Shee and they Haul. We are aware of the Reputation of the old company and were out to change that. only bad news is that the Rocketpipes don't come in Chrome anymore cause of a outrages long waiting Time on Chromeing. anyway the pipes are going for $485 a set. thats pipes stingers and silencers. so go to www.Rocketpipes.com and ask for Greg. or hit me up if you have any Questions.

Hey Guys im new here I mainly go on ATV Connection. It just so Happens that my Boss has Bought RocketPipes. I have a set on my Shee and they Haul. We are aware of the Reputation of the old company and were out to change that. only bad news is that the Rocketpipes don't come in Chrome anymore cause of a outrages long waiting Time on Chromeing. anyway the pipes are going for $485 a set. thats pipes stingers and silencers. so go to www.Rocketpipes.com and ask for Greg. or hit me up if you have any Questions.

I hope you guys can turn that company around...

Your website needs to be updated a little bit, that would probably help. If I were a no news customer and went to that site now, I'd just say...same old site, same ol BS.

I would recommend a complete makeover!!

Also...and this goes for CPI, Shearer, etc....it just urks me to no end that drag pipe manufacturers say "our pipe will work fine on stock motors" too...

When in all actuality...drag pipes normally won't work as good on bone stock motors...and a lesser pipe will work better for stock port timings...

I'm not picking on Rockets...ANY of the manufactures should be hung for making that claim!!!

I am not sure who you guys are using for a chromer but average turnaround is about 2 weeks max. I have been up on this Rocket pipe deal the past year or so and there is more to add to the chroming story than someone may have told you, and wait time is not it.

At this point if you are not in a hurry I would wait for the new R-2's I have been talking to the pipe designer over the past year and the pipes are designed a bit different but will have excellent low end and will pull closer to a sheerer on top. You will have the best of both worlds.

Chris

i ran rocket pipes for a good 8 months before i ultimately decided to switch over to shearer inframes ,i noticed alot more power on my 350 dune /drag bike with the shearers throughout the powerband and especilly in high rpm torque and over rev ,of coarse thats just my experiance on my particular setup but everyone who switched to shearers that ive spoke with seems to favor them over most other pipes .Also i think its kinda lame my bike is in the rocket website photo gallery without my consent .

on a dyno my old motor gained 8hp from going from rockets to shearers. on that particular setup, not all are probably going to be that way.

basic comparsion. rockets are big, will or can burn your legs. rocket chrome was very nice. i cut my silencers down about 2 inchs, other cut more off. were pretty long imo. had to run special clamps cause the tubes were like 1 1/8in most clamp arent that big.

shearers plumbing run over the airbox so it hard or almost impossible to run an air box. shearers are far from being quiet. so if noise is an issue well good luck. shearers chrome is ok.

never had a set of cpi.

:shrug: :shrug:

Like loco said, there were a couple dyno comparisons a while back and Rockets did a little better in his case and CPI did a little better on a dyno done by Passionre. Rockets and CPI are very similar.

If you are considering trading your CPI big bores for some Rockets, send me a message. Ive been wanting to try a set on my +4 stroke 68mm cub motor. I have chozen performance pipe seals and spark arrestors to go with the rockets too. They are still in very good shape, they are the older style silencers, just been polished and repacked, these pipes were made by the original builder and I bought them through Minkia68 who used to sell them on this site.