biggest single carb

kman96

the motor is a 4 mill passion 12 port. do you think a 38mm would be enough to feed it?

For a single carb? Yes... Cascade runs it on their 450 and smaller cub builds....

I'd ask Jim, see what he says. Unless you're running trails or MX with that motor, I'm sure it'd like to breathe better through twins...though.

hey guys, i was curious to see what is the biggest single carb you can get for the banshee. i've seen and heard of the 38mm but is there anything bigger?

You can put just about any single carb on their you want. I think the question you need to ask is what would work the best for your setup.

A 38mm carb is enough, my buddy has a 4 mil cheetah and runs a 38mm lectron. My cousin has a ported 4 mil 350 and also ran a 38mm lectron, now he is running a 36mm lectron. I have a stock 350 with pipe and head and run a 35mm pwk.

jim said it will definatly make more power with twins. i have dual 35mm pwk's on it right now, but the throttle is pretty stiff to the point that after riding it for about 10min i start to get pretty bad arm pump in my thumb and forearm. could it be that they are stiff because the carbs are brand new? will they loosen up?

Take each spring out. find a rubber hose with the same inside diameter as the springs, and place the spring around the hose.

LIGHTLY sand off some of the metal around the outside edges of the springs, use a wire brush or scotchbrite pad to smooth the edges....

DO NOT clip or cut the spring, this will only make it easier at first to pull it, then...it'll be just as tough as before, but seem tougher since the initial pull was easier...

You can also try another thumb throttle or thumb lever with more leverage...

Make sure your cable is clean and oiled up too...