I crashed

I came off of a small jump and hit my left front wheel off a log. It threw me over the bars and the quad on its right side. When I lifted it back up to check out the damage I noticed my bars were bent really bad, my key was bent and my plastics were bowing out around the tank. I know my bars are fudged but Im thinking something else is messed up to since the plastics are popped out. I took the screws out and snapped all the plastic back together but when I put the screws in the plastic to my radiator shroud the screws didnt line up with my screw mounts. Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?

I came off of a small jump and hit my left front wheel off a log. It threw me over the bars and the quad on its right side. When I lifted it back up to check out the damage I noticed my bars were bent really bad, my key was bent and my plastics were bowing out around the tank. I know my bars are fudged but Im thinking something else is messed up to since the plastics are popped out. I took the screws out and snapped all the plastic back together but when I put the screws in the plastic to my radiator shroud the screws didnt line up with my screw mounts. Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?

Sounds like a bent steering stem tower. Take all your plastics off, remove the gas tank and take some pics of your frame, we can help you out.

That's why I do this to every frame I have / had.

c4229dbb.jpg

yup, that is THE weakest point on the shee's frame,, i have done the same thing to mine,, it works!!!!!

I flip mine almost every time I go to walden and it hasn't bent any of that stuff yet. I keep my bar clamps just loose enough when I go there that they will fold over instead of bending. I haven't had to replace any parts after about 5 flips so far. Damn you Walden and your freaking steep runs and trees!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys...My other pc took a dump on me so I cant get any pics up. I noticed however that the frame is bent. There is barely any clearance between the frame and the tank. My breather tube was stuck cuz the frame was pushed so tight against it. Now that I know this is screwed up...what do I do? Im deffinetly gonna have it reinforced but I dont know wether to heat the frame and bend it back or if there is something better to do.

If you can get some pics up, with who evers camera, that would help. But if its that bent, maybe price out a new frame :shrug: