Am I an idiot or is this Ebay add way off.

uuuuuuhhhhh i dont get it.. am i missing something???? whats so way off. looks like a regular ebay auction to me...

this is my guess....... its an outlaw frontend for sale and reserve is not met.. and he only has 1 feedback

Edited by DRI4life

uuuuuuhhhhh i dont get it.. am i missing something???? whats so way off. looks like a regular ebay auction to me...

this is my guess....... its an outlaw frontend for sale and reserve is not met.. and he only has 1 feedback

It won't even fit an outlaw. That has to be a narrow frame.

My front end does not look that narrow.

70.jpg

It won't even fit an outlaw. That has to be a narrow frame.

My front end does not look that narrow.

70.jpg

look at the plastic mounts they line up for a banshee.. but those arms will only fit 250r geometry front end.. the width of the frame doesnt matter.

look at the plastic mounts they line up for a banshee.. but those arms will only fit 250r geometry front end.. the width of the frame doesnt matter.

I agree on most parts except the width of the frame. While I do agree that they will bolt up, it will make for a wider front end than originally intended. Which to me in turn would move the lower shock mount out, which "could" throw all valving and spring rates off. The Extra narrow frames to me left room to get a longer A-arm on a quad while not widening the quad at all. The bike that is being parted in a nice bike that went entirely too cheap.

I agree on most parts except the width of the frame. While I do agree that they will bolt up, it will make for a wider front end than originally intended. Which to me in turn would move the lower shock mount out, which "could" throw all valving and spring rates off. The Extra narrow frames to me left room to get a longer A-arm on a quad while not widening the quad at all. The bike that is being parted in a nice bike that went entirely too cheap.

The width of the frame is where a bunch of the geometry is coming from. Its not going to affect the shock valving, if the shock mounts stay in the same relative position to each other, the a-arm mounting points, and the spindle mounting points. The point of having a narrow frame is to avoid bump steer, by keeping the tie-rod mounts inline with the a-arm mounts. That frame does it nearly perfect. A stock banshee is nowhere close, and therefore we have bump steer.

The frame is 250r based geometry, but its not at all the same as broke's outlaw frame. Look at the old auction that rebel posted before it was stripped of shocks. The ebay front-end has the shocks sitting much more vertical than an outlaw frame, and they look to be a different length too. With that steeper angle you get more progression out of your shocks (the first inch of wheel travel doesn't use as much shaft travel as the last inch of wheel travel). Which is why so many long travel shocks have quad rate springs, to try and get back that progression (they move the lower shock mount out, and decrease the angle between the shock and a-arm).

Edited by dawarriorman

The width of the frame is where a bunch of the geometry is coming from. Its not going to affect the shock valving, if the shock mounts stay in the same relative position to each other, the a-arm mounting points, and the spindle mounting points. The point of having a narrow frame is to avoid bump steer, by keeping the tie-rod mounts inline with the a-arm mounts. That frame does it nearly perfect. A stock banshee is nowhere close, and therefore we have bump steer.

The frame is 250r based geometry, but its not at all the same as broke's outlaw frame. Look at the old auction that rebel posted before it was stripped of shocks. The ebay front-end has the shocks sitting much more vertical than an outlaw frame, and they look to be a different length too. With that steeper angle you get more progression out of your shocks (the first inch of wheel travel doesn't use as much shaft travel as the last inch of wheel travel). Which is why so many long travel shocks have quad rate springs, to try and get back that progression (they move the lower shock mount out, and decrease the angle between the shock and a-arm).

Your right... but it's definately a 250r based frame.. maybe it's a desert/gncc frame judging by the tires and a-arm width.... There's no real telling who made it... especially if the seller doesn't even know what he has...

Mike