Terrorists

nope almost ten years before the cuban missel crisis. back in 53 when both us and the soviet union did thermonuclear testing.

wow,now this is bringing back some memorys from the past and my childhood days.lol

you guys probally never had the "duck and cover drills" in school or remember seeing fall out shelters everywhere you went.back in the 60's i think that the usa was as scared of what russia might try as russia was of what we might try.now that i'm older and think back on what the experts of the time thought would save alot of our asses all i can say is i'm glad neither us or russia weapons against each other because i'm pretty sure what they thought might save us would of failed.i also believe that most of the hype came out of fear from one another because neither country really knew the other.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow,now this is bringing back some memorys from the past and my childhood days.lol

you guys probally never had the "duck and cover drills" in school or remember seeing fall out shelters everywhere you went.back in the 60's i think that the usa was as scared of what russia might try as russia was of what we might try.now that i'm older and think back on what the experts of the time thought would save alot of our asses all i can say is i'm glad neither us or russia weapons against each other because i'm pretty sure what they thought might save us would of failed.i also believe that most of the hype came out of fear from one another because neither country really knew the other.

hehe yea im pretty sure hiding under your desk will NOT save you during a nuclear attack.

i can only imagine what a scary time it was back when all these hugely destructive weapons were first being made and their power first being discovered by not only the u.s. but by other countries. people suddenly realized if another country didnt like us they could now literally blow our whole country off the globe.

hehe yea im pretty sure hiding under your desk will NOT save you during a nuclear attack.

i can only imagine what a scary time it was back when all these hugely destructive weapons were first being made and their power first being discovered by not only the u.s. but by other countries. people suddenly realized if another country didnt like us they could now literally blow our whole country off the globe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_design

I find that shit interesting. There haven't been too many inventions that have had the capability to affect the entire globe.

I think our generations "nuclear weapon" is Microsoft. :baseball_w00t:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapon_design

I find that shit interesting. There haven't been too many inventions that have had the capability to affect the entire globe.

I think our generations "nuclear weapon" is Microsoft. :baseball_w00t:

woahh nice article. its all pretty crazy if you step back and think about it.

Rarely does philosophy produce empirical predictions. The Doomsday argument is an important exception. From seemingly trivial premises it seeks to show that the risk that humankind will go extinct soon has been systematically underestimated. Nearly everybody's first reaction is that there must be something wrong with such an argument. Yet despite being subjected to intense scrutiny by a growing number of philosophers, no simple flaw in the argument has been identified.

It started some fifteen years ago when astrophysicist Brandon Carter discovered a previously unnoticed consequence of a version of the weak anthropic principle. Carter didn't publish his finding, but the idea was taken up by philosopher John Leslie who has been a prolific author on the subject, culminating in his monograph The End of the World (Routledge, 1996). Versions of the Doomsday argument have also been independently discovered by other authors. In recent years, there have been numerous papers trying to refute the argument, and an approximately equal number of papers refuting these refutations.

Here is the doomsday argument. I will explain it in three steps:

Step I

Imagine a universe that consists of one hundred cubicles. In each cubicle, there is one person. Ninety of the cubicles are painted blue on the outside and the other ten are painted red. Each person is asked to guess whether she is in a blue or a red cubicle. (And everybody knows all this.)

Now, suppose you find yourself in one of these cubicles. What color should you think it has? Since 90% of all people are in blue cubicles, and since you don

LMAO I have a lot of reservations about this theory. If "doom late" were God's plan, and I hope that it is, people of a "low birth rank" would still have to exist, so how does finding yourself with a low relative "birth rank" implie "doom early"? Just another example of relativism without a cause.

But then again, we certainly could blow ourselves off the globe in short order.

yea, their numbered cubical reasoning doesnt really cross over well to a situation that includes time as a factor. statisticaly the numbered cubical part makes total sense, but when you add in a timeline with an unknown future, i dont see how you can make an accurate guess of whether that future is there or not.

......or maybe it does, since if youre in that cubical you dont know if the other 90 people exist or not.....i think im confusing myself. :ermm:

i goota laugh at all these bible morons that think the worlds goona end, gods goona do it

well there is only so mnay times you can say that,,

if you go according to the bible, it should have already happened

god isnt goona do shit

he cant

hes not real

i laugh at that idea

Edited by helldriver

i goota laugh at all thjse bible morons that think the worlds goona end, gods goona do it

well there is only so mnay times yu cans ay that,,

god isnt goona do shit

he cant

hes not real

i laugh at that idea

this discussion has hardly even brushed on religion. stop trying to turn everything into a bible bashing free for all.

hey there you are my love

i knew you couldnt resist

and im just adding something to the discission

but i guess you cant see that

youre adding absolutely nothiing to the discussion, as usual.

you know, im not a religious person, 04le is, and we have managed to show mutual respect for one another and our beliefs...theres no excuse for your behavior.

oh brooke,

please,

like there is EVER a excuse for your behavior

if you live in a glass house, dont throw stones

if you want to discuss my 'behavior' with me, do it through PMs. dont ruin this thread like you have so many others. i have nothing else to say to you here.