spocket size

i wouldnt go any smaller than 13 up front. if you wanna go lower than 13/44 i would suggest a bigger rear sprocket. i understand what youre trying to do. you wanna have a wider range of lower gears for the track since you never hit 6th? even with 13/44 youll prolly still never hit 6th. id try 13/41 or 13/44 and see how u like them. depending on what year banshee 41 might be the stock rear sprocket. if so on yours, try the 13/41 first and see how u like it.

Loco is right stick with the 13 front, because 12 is really hard on chains (tight turn). You can adjust the back to get where you want to be.

A 12-41 puts you at 3.42:1

13-43 puts you at 3.31:1

13-44 puts you at 3.38:1

13-45 puts you at 3.46:1

This way you don't bind your chain up so much............

Hope it helps :beer:

Like Eastcoast said, it is the ratio of how many revolutions the front sprocket makes for every one revolution the rear sprocket makes. The bigger the number the more mechanical advantage the engine has, and the lower the gear ratio. This doesn't truly give the bike anymore bottom end, what it does is give it more advantage, which will make it better out of the hole. Think 1/4 mile drag race vs. Bonneville salt flats. Drags run much lower ratios so they come out fast, but they peak very fast too. Salt flat cars have to be pushed in most cases because they have such high gear ratios but they pull forever.