Anyone Know about Jet ski's ?

what about mannuverability . my buddy has a XP and says its a pain in the ass to try to balance on when you just wanna float around or chill......

i also want to me able to kind of drive the thing like a maniac , will i run the risk of flippin with these . i figure they are race hulls and should handle some cool manuvers...

Overall im lookin for

Speed, stability,reliabilty ....

You won't have the instability problems with the GSX. The XP is a very small ski really only made for 1 person. You can ride 2 but not well. The XP's engine is up high for handle, but is very unstable. Just getting on the thing is a pain in the ass. It does have a shock built into the seat, but I've never really like the way it made the bike feel. It's not a good beginner ski. I went 76 on a XP limited a few years back. You can get some awesome speed out of one. You can also shoot some really cool fountains if you put all your weight up front and get the back half of the jet out of the water. Their better for tricks than the the heavier GSX.

For your answer the GSX is a much more stable ski, which is alot harder to roll. But if you really want to tear up the water the XP is a better chose. Your trading stability for handling. The Xp is a faster ski, but in rough water the more stable GSX should be able to out run it. If you get a XP get a 98 or newer the 97's have the 800cc which I hear wasn't very good in this ski. My friend has the 97 it's on it's 3 top end in 3 years. The 800cc is a good engine just not in this year and model. I would try riding your friends Xp and make a decsion for yourself in it's handling. What he may consider an unstable ride you might find to be a cake walk.

My Sea-doo HX is a pretty trick ski. It's kind of a cross between a stand up and a sit down single rider bike. Very maneverable, light and easy to mod. Too bad I haven't put it in water since I got the Mastercraft........ :biggrin:

I really like stand ups better than sit downs. because if you get tired you can always just sit down on your knees. i dont know why but for some reason the sitting position of jet skis freaks me out at high speeds. it feels unsafe....it seems wierd but thats just the way it feels to me. but since you live in florida i guess it would be kinda nice to just cruise around sitting down. i lived in coral springs for a year and we had 2 big sea doos. they werent real fast but they were fun to just ride around on in the ocean its cool to see the sea life when youre riding too.

I tried a stand up jet ski once for about two hours. I never could stand up, my friends told me it probably would have worked better if I wouldn't have done the keg stands, and actually drug the thing off the dock and into the water. :yelrotflmao:

That was the best camping trip ever, well at least what I could remember..............

Thankyou cutiegirl , and everyone else for your knowledge and time . I think i will go with the gsx since i plan to be on the ocean side where it can get ruff from time to time ... my budy also told me " if u fall off the xp " it takes me forever to get back on ........ overall i think the gsx sounds like a good choice . Thanks again

-chase