next mod

Hard to say...

I'd do a flywheel first cause it's much cheaper...

When I put my timing plate on and got my boonman flywheel, it woke the bike right up.

Instead of that hit from the T5s (my motor was stock, no porting) it smoothed it out, or it felt like it did cause it could get on the pipe much sooner!

My old flywheel shattered, so I have a brand new RS flywheel on mine now. Once I get my other issues sorted, I'll be sending mine back out to boonman to shave this one, too...he's a great guy to deal with, too bad he's too busy to be on the forums too much anymore...

Which should be my next mod vforce or a lightened flywheel. Which will give me more noticable performance gains?

VForce all the way. I've done both and the lightened flywheel was not even noticable on my machine, except during drag racing, it had a tendency to bog out of the hole with a lightened flywheel. I can't tell a difference in acceleration with a stock flywheel.

VForce reeds gave a noticeable improvement in the throttle response and peak power, plus widened the power spread on my motor.

VForce all the way. I've done both and the lightened flywheel was not even noticable on my machine, except during drag racing, it had a tendency to bog out of the hole with a lightened flywheel. I can't tell a difference in acceleration with a stock flywheel.

VForce reeds gave a noticeable improvement in the throttle response and peak power, plus widened the power spread on my motor.

Cub you have vs. the stock cylinder motor he has...there is a big difference...

When I had almost the same motor/setup he did, the flywheel and timing advance were very, very noticeable...:)

Cub you have vs. the stock cylinder motor he has...there is a big difference...

When I had almost the same motor/setup he did, the flywheel and timing advance were very, very noticeable...:)

When I did the lightened flywheel and the VF reeds I was running OEM cylinders, not the Cub. The timing advance is indeed noticable. I couldn't tell a difference with the flywheel, except for the bog out of the hole as noted in my previous post.

I know of others who have gone back to a stock flywheel for the same reason. One of which is running a 10 mm Cheetah drag bike who did have a PVL on it. But is going back to a stock ignition with a Dyna and a stock flywheel to get rid of the bog out of the hole.

I've also broken two shaved flywheels (neither was on the Cub) on my old motor setup. I'm not the only one who has busted lightened/shaved flywheels either.

My personal opinion, and it's just that, MY personal opinion, there are other better mods to do than a shaved flywheel. A shaved flywheel does not net you any HP gains. The only benefit is slightly quicker revving, slightly better throttle response. You can only take so much off the stock flywheel anyway.

Edited by Buttermilk421

Point well written and taken...:)

You can count me in that club, too. When I initially put my cub together, I had the stock lightened flywheel....and the magnets inside were broken up.

Fun that was...sine then, I've got a new RS flywheel...

For the price, I think he'll see a good performance gain from having it shaved and a +4 plate.

He's going to pay more than double that for the VForce...

VForce aren't a matter of if...only when...:)

Ricky Stator offers a reasonably priced adjustable timing plate. I've got one on one of my Banshees. Works great. The other Banshee has a Dyna FS programmable. I like that one too, be cause of it's flexability.

As mentioned, a Cool Head with some domes would be a good way to increase performance also. Just a matter of selecting domes for the type of gas you want to run. But since you already have a shaved head, the gains might be minimal, depending on what domes you select, and how much the head has been shaved.

Edited by Buttermilk421

i would go with v-force but if you decide to lighten your flywheel do not do it this way

start the bike up and hold a flat file to the flywheel as the bike is idling. the metal shavings will fly around and it gets pretty loud so be sure to wear osha approved ear and eye protektion. :baseball_bat: Lol

I just cant get over someone thougth about that!