banshee wont run right

my banshee was runnin just fine i took a dune trip a few months ago and she ran like a champ. i try and fire her up the other day and it will start and idle, but when you give it gas it just kinda boggs and makes a throaty sound. i have brand new gas/oil and spark plugs. help me. is it my carbs? mabe they are clogged or something?

take your carbs off and clean them thoroughly...also clean your air filter thoroughly.....this should clear your problem,....if it don't how much is the temperature outside different than it was on your last dune trip....possibly if you were a little on the rich side then and now it's 30 degrees warmer outside, you are WAY Fat NOW!!.....

Is your emergency brake on? Do you still have TORS system on your bike? This will cause exactly what you are describing.

i recently bought a parking brake block off plate. i removed the parking break cable and pirtch setup. that is the only thing i did since the dune trip. could that be the problem? what is the TORS system?

i recently bought a parking brake block off plate. i removed the parking break cable and pirtch setup. that is the only thing i did since the dune trip. could that be the problem? what is the TORS system?

If you have removed the parking brake since it was running right, then there is your problem. The plug that you removed from the perch contains two wires. You need to connect those two wires and it will run like a champ. Be sure to make a good conection, not just ellectrical tape.

I did the same thing. Put your mods in your sig. it will help alot in the future w/ diagnosing (sp)

If you have removed the parking brake since it was running right, then there is your problem. The plug that you removed from the perch contains two wires. You need to connect those two wires and it will run like a champ. Be sure to make a good conection, not just ellectrical tape.

i removed the wires from the pirtch, cut and connected them. still wont run right. it sounds like that is the problem though. thats all i did since it was running. which was only a couple months ago. also when it isn't running i had it in gear and pulled the clutch and tried to push the bike and it wont move. but when i had it running i pulled in the clutch and popped it in gear and it just sat there. sounds like the brake system. this all happend once i removed my parking brake

i removed the wires from the pirtch, cut and connected them. still wont run right. it sounds like that is the problem though. thats all i did since it was running. which was only a couple months ago. also when it isn't running i had it in gear and pulled the clutch and tried to push the bike and it wont move. but when i had it running i pulled in the clutch and popped it in gear and it just sat there. sounds like the brake system. this all happend once i removed my parking brake

"I removed the wires from the pirtch, cut and connected them. still wont run right. it sounds like that is the problem though. thats all i did since it was running. which was only a couple months ago. also when it isn't running i had it in gear and pulled the clutch and tried to push the bike and it wont move. but when i had it running i pulled in the clutch and popped it in gear and it just sat there. sounds like the brake system. this all happend once i removed my parking brake"

my P-brake lever was wired together (where the cable used to hold it against the sw.when it was in the off position) when I bought it, it had the e- brake cable removed , but that sounds correct to hook then together?? Check your wires maybe 1 is cut therefore not completing curcuit (sp) that sounds like your prob. it cuts your ignition out (like A rev limmiter) just above an idol if your p-brake is on (or it thinks it is on)

tors is another prob. for later it kills ignition completely when your carb's stick wot & it senses your throttle lever is at idol

Edited by 275hp banshee's

If you follow the wres down a little ways, (maybe 10 inches) there should be a conector. You may want to sissconnect it and cut and splice the wires before the plug to eliminate the posability of a bad conection there. What you are describing sure sounds like the parking brake circuit is not closed. Also is not that unusual for the bike to not want to roll with it in gear and the clutch pulled. sometimes the plates don't want to seperate right away. Especialy if you haven't ridden it that day. Allthough it could also be a sign of a worn clutch basket, but usualy if thats the case the bike will lurch when you put it into gear while running.

my P-brake lever was wired together (where the cable used to hold it against the sw.when it was in the off position) when I bought it, it had the e- brake cable removed , but that sounds correct to hook then together?? Check your wires maybe 1 is cut therefore not completing curcuit (sp) that sounds like your prob. it cuts your ignition out (like A rev limmiter) just above an idol if your p-brake is on (or it thinks it is on)

tors is another prob. for later it kills ignition completely when your carb's stick wot & it senses your throttle lever is at idol

i'll check it again. that is exactly what it is doing. right above idol. my computer was tweekin and it posted my reply three times, sry.

well i connected the two wires, still wont run right. disconnected the tors system. didn't make a difference. is there something else i am missing, something electrical? my friend said mabe i need to dissconnect something under the seat. or am i not getting the wires connected right. what way should i connect the wires? i just wrapped them together tightly. its gotta be parking brake but mabe im not fixing it right. any suggestions?

my banshee was runnin just fine i took a dune trip a few months ago and she ran like a champ. i try and fire her up the other day and it will start and idle, but when you give it gas it just kinda boggs and makes a throaty sound. i have brand new gas/oil and spark plugs. help me. is it my carbs? mabe they are clogged or something?

my buddies bike did the same thing. they said it might of been the pilot jet.. somethin like that.

since everyone is saying to splice the P-brake wires together and it's still running crappy, try something stupid. leave them disconnected just taped up real good. I didn't splice anything on my '01 when I unhooked the TORS. I just unplugged the connectors for the throttle, p-brake, carb caps and the TORS itself and packed them w/ a dab of synthetic/dilectric grease and taped them up real good. been like that for 2 years now and runs like a champ.