Stay At Home Mom

Kids these days have no respect for anything, because they have no consequenses for their actions (Oh but they are just kids). You can blame that one on the government (ie. courts, lawmakers and the even the "kids have rights too" groups).

You can't discipline your kids the way I was disciplined as a kid, or its child abuse, but oh ya, if your kid does something stupid it is your fault because they have no discipline, but yet you can't discipline them. When I was a kid I was afraid of pissin' my dad off, because I knew that when I pissed him off I wasn't going to sit down for a week. I knew there were consequenses for doin' shit that got me into trouble. These kids tell you, that if you touch them they will go to school and tell their teachers and Child Protective Services will be on your doorstep before you even get home. American kids are getting weak and lazy, who's fault is that ours of course for allowing it to get this bad in the first place.

Remember next time you look into the faces of todays youth you are looking at our future............ Depressing isn't it :banghead:

aint that the truth

when i was a kid, well even now at 25 just the thought of pissing off my dad gives me nightmares hahahaa :baseball_bat: screw the wrath of god, i do good just to avoid the wrath of dad.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to all the parents that sacrafice for there kids my hats off to you all, my wife stays home, my kids have never seen a baby sitter if we cant take the kids we cant go, my daughter would spit even the most seasoned sitter out, but we were married for 14 years before we had kids, that allowed me to get my biz off the ground, vacations, we even were able to fuck till we were tired of that, when you are a child yourself and you have kids theres a bit of selfishness that kicks in cause you havnt done shit and now you gotta kid, in my opinion and this is just my opnion but if: you drop a kid off at daycare at 6.30am and pick him/her up at 5.30pm, take the child home and put him/her to sleep at 8pm, whats the point of having kids? thats why dad needs 84 jobs and moms need to stay home, your kid is bonding with a stranger, and anyone whos thinking fuck you duece........ your kid would rather be in a trailor, in his mothers arms than spending the night in a mansion......... then getting carted off to some bitch that has your child and 6 others screaming at her all day, most people that say aw your full of shit we both have to work, the guys driving a BMW and the wifes in a Navigator..........your a good man and father RJ........

Edited by Blue Duece

My wife swore up and down that she was gonna stay home with our daughter when she was born. 5 weeks later, she started singing another tune. Kids are tough. Especially for a professional career woman like my wife. We decided to put our daughter in childcare for 4 hrs a day after 14 weeks so my wife could go back to her job part-time.

Trust me, sometimes a stay at home mom isn't the best solution. If mama 'ain't happy, nobodys happy.

My wife's older sister manages the day care place that we are sending her to, so it should be all good.

to all the parents that sacrafice for there kids my hats off to you all, my wife stays home, my kids have never seen a baby sitter if we cant take the kids we cant go, my daughter would spit even the most seasoned sitter out, but we were married for 14 years before we had kids, that allowed me to get my biz off the ground, vacations, we even were able to fuck till we were tired of that, when you are a child yourself and you have kids theres a bit of selfishness that kicks in cause you havnt done shit and now you gotta kid, in my opinion and this is just my opnion but if: you drop a kid off at daycare at 6.30am and pick him/her up at 5.30pm, take the child home and put him/her to sleep at 8pm, whats the point of having kids? thats why dad needs 84 jobs and moms need to stay home, your kid is bonding with a stranger, and anyone whos thinking fuck you duece........ your kid would rather be in a trailor, in his mothers arms than spending the night in a mansion......... then getting carted off to some bitch that has your child and 6 others screaming at her all day, most people that say aw your full of shit we both have to work, the guys driving a BMW and the wifes in a Navigator..........your a good man and father RJ........

Thanks dude. The wife and I were married 10 years before the little girl came along. We have been able to play and get that out of our system. I only wish we had planned a little better. We though we had but in reality, well you know, no matter how much you plan you are never totally ready for a baby!

Mom is not going back to work we will be able to pay the bills, keep food on the table and clothes on all of us. I would not say all day care is bad, but I completely agree with what you say about dropping the child in the morning, spending 2 hours at night and then putting the baby to bed. I want my wife and I to be the one to instil values and help develop her personality at this stage of her life, not someone else and someone elses kids.

I'm driving a 95 Ford Bronco and the wife has a 93 Acura vigor with 250,000 miles on it. Believe it or not, both rigs run great and until they don't I am not buying anything else. A new ride is not worth sending Stacie to work and Aly to daycare. In a perfect world I could do what I do for a living and be able to afford for her to stay home with the girl and she would be rolling in a Range Rover and I would be in the Mercedes SLK. Its good to have dreams.

But I am not going to sit around and be satisfied if there are other options that may allow us a little less financial strain. If voightgroup.com falls on its face (which it wont) at least I will be able to say I tried. All the while my little girl will be home with mom during the day and both of us in the evening. IWe can't loose and neither can Aly

RJV :beer:

Edited by rjvoight

this is a lot to read, but I just went through/am going through what you are right now.

the secret is to not get married.....

My fiance and I have been together for 5 years now and just having a new baby things would be rough if it wasnt for a few things. She is still working as of right now, but she doesnt go into work until 12, and I'm done on my latest day at 2:30. She drops my son off at my mothers, sometimes for only 45 minutes or so, and then I pick him back up.

I'm now in the position that my fiance really doesnt have to work. I got rid of her car that I was paying 250 a month for (2001 sunfire), and bought her a 93 jeep cherokee with 100,000 on it for a grand. My dakota is on its last payment and I'm gonna get rid of that and drop that cash into my savings account. I'll be driving around a ford bronco II that I paid 400 bucks for, until next spring when I get my tax return and xmas tip money, then I'll get my 2003 HD F-150.

Basically I just downsized everything, and stopped buying stupid shit. Like instead of soda, I carry around water with me in my cooler, with bottles that I refill. I pack peanut butter and jelly for lunch instead of stopping somewhere for a bite to eat. Anything that I dont have to spend money on, I dont.

Here's where the not being married part helps out. She qualifies for assistance because she is a single mother. We get all our baby formula for free (other stuff too, but thats the main part). And when she gets this new job working 20 hours a week (scheduling for a school, can work any time she wants as long as its 20 a week). Reason she's working at all is so we can go out to dinner, or go to a movie, or do other stuff we want, and she wants to contribute monetarily.

5 years ago I was only making 35 grand, and she was only making 12. I drive a recycling truck and have built my routes up probably bigger than most in the country, and we get paid per stop. I pick up 6500 homes a week, so if they give me a penny raise, its automatically 65 bucks a week, or 3380 a year. They have no choice to pay me, and I've almost doubled my salary, within the next 2 years, I will have. In the last year and a half, I've bought a house and had a son. Things are still tight, but they are getting better fast, because of the choices I made. There's never a right time to have a baby, you just have to, and adjust your lifestyle to make everything work.

MY ADVICE TO YOU

Eliminate all the extras, if you cant get rid of a car payment, find a good reliable vehicle that will give you a tiny payment, and then pay every extra penny you have to the principle to pay it off quickly.

Get rid of all the stupid little card payments, like sears and all that other BS. (that was my girls problem)

Sit down and write out all of your expenses for the month, and then see what you take home every month. Whatever the difference is, you know how much more you have to work to stay afloat, and working more means getting ahead.

I just recently went through this, my wife is getting driven into the ground at work doing 2 jobs (other person is on maternity leave and fmla), as soon as she said it was to much and she had it, I bought the cherokee, and sold the sunfire. My dakota payment is gone. Thats 650 bucks a month right there. When my son was born we halted 2 mortgage payments, until she went back to work, I'm paying an extra 350 a month until august to catch up on them. All in all, come august, I'll have an extra grand to spend a month, just by getting rid of payments, not to mention all the other bullshit that adds up quick.

I dont know exactly how your business works, but a good solid job that you show up to will always work. Family might see a little bit less of you, but you'll be providing a good solid home for them for the next 5 years until they start going to school. By now I'm sure you know that a newborn will wear you out quickly, but being tired is secondary, gettin paid is primary.

Here's where the not being married part helps out. She qualifies for assistance because she is a single mother. We get all our baby formula for free (other stuff too, but thats the main part).

man o man o man.

good post other than that part. the rest of us are paying for your formula so your girlfriend can stay home and you can still go out to dinner when you want. that aint cool. people forget that assistance doesnt just come from the 'i dont feel like working' fairy. that comes from people who do work.

im all for moms staying home to raise the kids if thats what they wanna do and if thats why they dont want to work. but hey, thats a privelage, not a right.

Here's where the not being married part helps out. She qualifies for assistance because she is a single mother.

heres where in about 2 years, the state goes after you and garnishes your wages for back support, cause when she filled out those forms that got her cash from the state she HAD to list the father if she didnt no cash for her, so gear up for a nice little wage decrease, cause its coming, she might be a single mother, but every kids got a father and thats where good ol uncle sam kicks in..................

man o man o man.

good post other than that part. the rest of us are paying for your formula so your girlfriend can stay home and you can still go out to dinner when you want. that aint cool. people forget that assistance doesnt just come from the 'i dont feel like working' fairy. that comes from people who do work.

im all for moms staying home to raise the kids if thats what they wanna do and if thats why they dont want to work. but hey, thats a privelage, not a right.

And you think that she isnt paying for it?, and you dont think that I'm paying for it? Dont you think that I'm going to be paying for other people's baby formula for the rest of my working career? I'm busting my hump day in and day out, and hell, we were short on cash, thats why we held the 2 mortgage payments until she could go back to work. The extra price of formula at the time would of made things that much harder.

Would you rather see the money your spending for formula go to someone like me that is struggling, or someone that is just living off the government pumping out kids for food stamps? And to think.....they made the limit of kids you could have to get more money six......hell....I only got 4 more to go then I dont have to work anymore :banghead:

heres where in about 2 years, the state goes after you and garnishes your wages for back support, cause when she filled out those forms that got her cash from the state she HAD to list the father if she didnt no cash for her, so gear up for a nice little wage decrease, cause its coming, she might be a single mother, but every kids got a father and thats where good ol uncle sam kicks in..................

How is the state going to come after me? For child support? My fiance would have to file for it first.

If you can't afford formula, don't have kids.

You and your girlfriend are freeloaders. I'll just work a little harder and pay more taxes so you can live the american dream. (Wellfare)

Where is your pride? How do you sleep at night knowing you can't afford to feed your kid?

If you can't afford formula, don't have kids.

You and your girlfriend are freeloaders. I'll just work a little harder and pay more taxes so you can live the american dream. (Wellfare)

Where is your pride? How do you sleep at night knowing you can't afford to feed your kid?

There is never a correct time to have kids. Sure if I was making 6 figures and live in my nice 400,000 dollar home it would be the "correct time". I'm going to be 29 in september, and I personally didnt want to be 50 by the time my son goes away to college.

If you want to talk about us being freeloaders, take it to someone who doesnt bust his ass for a living and sits at home living the "american dream." Dont worry about working a little harder for me to pay the damage I've done to society. I consider it as taking a loan from the government. Dont worry, by the time I retire I'm sure the government will get its money back from me for the formula they gave me, plus enough to feed 10 babies of parents that work minimum wage jobs and just want to continue the family name.

I can afford to feed my kid, and I will always be able to. I'd work 3 jobs if I had to. I'm just getting whats mine. I've never asked for anything from the government, and probably never will again. My fiance has done her time as a marine and probably has done more for this country in the last 8 years then you ever will. I dont feel like anything is owed to us, but if they are going to offer it to make my life a little bit easier for a year and have to juggle less bills, then call us freeloaders all you want and put us in the same class as people that live off the government.

I wish I could save almost $400 a month on formula.

400 a month? Thats some expensive formula. The cans I get are 12 a piece and he might go through 6 a month. Thats 860 I'm gonna save through this whole thing.

Give me your address sandstar, when I get back on my feet and my son turns 3 and I get my businesses going, I'll send you a check for busting your ass so much harder. Hell, I'll fly you out here and we'll go ride the coal hills, and then afterward we can chill at my establishment, drink some beer, eat some good food, shoot some pool, and listen to a good band. Until then, I appreciate your hard work

I didn't think I could afford to have my wife stay at home but its working out fine. You'd be supprised how much less money you loose in taxes when you go from claiming married +1 decuction to married +3 deductions on your W2. I gained about $400 per month and got back $4000 on my tax returns rather than paying $1500. My wife is a lot happier than she ever was when she was working and I cant immagine anyone else taking care of my little girl.

I would definitely try to make it work.

Ps, our formula bill never got over $125/mo

400 a month? Thats some expensive formula. The cans I get are 12 a piece and he might go through 6 a month. Thats 860 I'm gonna save through this whole thing.

Yep he has to have the most expensive shit they make, he was having trouble eating/digesting all the other kinds we tried so it is what the doctor put him on and it is working for him and that is all that matters.