2 into 1 and large carb advice

Ok I am sorta of a newbie to the site. I was on a long time ago but didnt check in for awhile and forgot all my info. But anyway i am redoing my bike spraying the frame black and new top end. Here is my question. I made a 2 into 1 manifold for my bike. I am using one of my old Keihin PJ36 mm carbs which are bored to a 38 and would like a baseline to start jetting. My motor is bored and ported. Cool head with 22cc domes. Live in Florida so i am at about 10 feet above see level. Before with both carbs i was running a 125 main with a 40 pilot needle setting on the top setting and 1 3/4 turns on the air screw. On top it ran fine but i am a trail rider. I barely get into 3rd gear. And riding like that i was fouling a set of plugs every other ride. But if would open it up and hit 5th or 6th gear (hauling ass WOT) i could go a month on a set of plugs. So my main was good but my pilot was to rich. Then i tried to get a leaner pilot and found out that was the smallest one i they make for that series carbs. So i think my problem is carbs are too big for my style of riding. The bike was originally set up for flat tracking. Now back to my original question. I would like a base line jetting start point. Any help appreciated. Oh no airbox i have a k&n and a uni foam filter. I will post some pics when my lazy ass takes some for anyone interested. Thanks Dustin