What does it feel like to ride a Banshee?

Im new to the banshee and I currently am thinking of getting a banshee as they are cheap. So i heard this quad is crazy, so what is this crazy feeling like? Will i be able to beat a honda trx450 '04 in a race for example? Are banshees good in the sand hills(i ride mostly sandish hills with plenty of dirty/grass bush trails)and do they make decent trail quads?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man seriously just get it. You wont be disappointed (spelling). I have a raptor and never ever ride it because i can never ever get enough of the banshee. Yeah stock the 450 might beat it. (depending on rider also). But you start modding it and assuming you can ride then theres not to many quads out there that can touch it. oo and you ask about sand. Banshee is KING in the sand and dunes. research it a little here in the search bar.

You may think the banshee are cheap until you get the bug and start adding all the " goodies" to it. I'm old school so I like the way the power hits. I'ts like a tame cub when its at idle, then when you crack the throttle it's starts to wake up and all of a sudden hell breaks loose like a pissed off tiger. Nothing can compare pound for pound when it boils down to the 2 stroke. I never regret buying one.... but my wallet does. :D

So i heard this quad is crazy, so what is this crazy feeling like?

I think the best way I've ever heard it described, is that a banshee isn't a ride, it's an experience. They are pretty tame if you just putt them around, but once you hit the powerband, you better hold onto your ass. I let a friend ride mine around on the street a while back. When he first rode it he took it pretty easy and wasn't too terribly impressed. I finally got him to really get into, and get into the powerband. By the time he hit third gear he was already trying to figure out how he was going to talk his wife into letting him buy one.

A banshee can be made to be a decent trail bike, but there are much better bikes out there for that. When it comes to the sand though, you will not find a better bike.

As far as the cost goes, if you can resist the temptation to buy a bunch of goodies for it, it really isn't that bad. Chances are though, that it won't happen. Bone stock banshees are kinda like bigfoot and the loch ness monster. There are some people that really do believe they exist, but nobody has really ever seen them.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

You may think the banshee are cheap until you get the bug and start adding all the " goodies" to it. I'm old school so I like the way the power hits. I'ts like a tame cub when its at idle, then when you crack the throttle it's starts to wake up and all of a sudden hell breaks loose like a pissed off tiger. Nothing can compare pound for pound when it boils down to the 2 stroke. I never regret buying one.... but my wallet does. :D

Just Do-it, you wont be sorry. Dollar for dollar though when you do decide to mod your new shee, a two stroke will have more power than a 4 poke and it will cost you less to get that power. Two strokes react very well to mods, but to increase a banshee say 20 hp will cost less than to get the same 20 out of a 4 poke. As far as ridability goes Banshees, as their namesake scream, and they like to go fast.

By no means think that you are invincible on one though, because there will always be someone faster than you that has more money to burn. Like they say you can only go as fast as your wallet will allow, but man there is nothin' like it.

You need to try out a friends shee or find out if maybe a friend knows another friend that may have one. Or find one for sale and take it for a wide open pinned test ride and you'll be hooked. If you are interested and have never been on one you're already hooked, now just follow that feeling.............. :cheers:

Depending on the setup you have, it rides kinda idle on low gas and than creates a chain reaction of powerbands that seem to never stop.... Its like having sex for the first time 6 times in a row. . I highly suggest getting a piped shee so you can hear her howl.. Other than that, just make sure maintence is up-to-date and you'll be hooked for life.. :cheers:

Im new to the banshee and I currently am thinking of getting a banshee as they are cheap. So i heard this quad is crazy, so what is this crazy feeling like? Will i be able to beat a honda trx450 '04 in a race for example? Are banshees good in the sand hills(i ride mostly sandish hills with plenty of dirty/grass bush trails)and do they make decent trail quads?

It feels like you're about to bust.

Everyone that I talk to about the Banshee that hasn't ridden, I tell them to take "The Banshee Challenge" Have them get on it and ride it like its stolen.. If they don't come back with a perma-grin and want for more they are either A- are scared or B-dont have a pulse...

RIPPEN