so loud

i got a pair of older power core silencers and when i put them on the bike i found out that they had no packing because they were so fucking loud. so i filled them with packing and there still really loud and there was weld around where the silencer core connects to the pipe do you think theres a way to make them quiet. any help would be great :D

i got a pair of older power core silencers and when i put them on the bike i found out that they had no packing because they were so fucking loud. so i filled them with packing and there still really loud and there was weld around where the silencer core connects to the pipe do you think theres a way to make them quiet. any help would be great :D

their not likely to get any quieter than they are if you've repacked them. Powercore's and then the PC2's were designed for closed course usage where sound levels weren't as much an issue up until the last several years, when noise levels have become a real hot button for complaints. they were designed to be more free-flowing than stock exhaust, and as a result much louder.

i know what you mean but these things are loud like straight pipes and it looks like they were cut and welded is there any baffle in that tube with all the holes in it and all those holes look to be filled in with carbon i tryed cleaning the holes but it did nothing..any one have silencers that silence for sale pm me with price my headers are fattys

nope, no baffle of any kind. it's a straight through deal. a perforated straight through core wrapped with packing in an aluminum body. not much you can do with them. other then the stock system the only other "quiet" mufflers that I know of that you can get are: 1. the Hush kit for Toomeys, 2. the Pro Circuit Spark Arrester type and 296's which are designed to meet USFS guidelines for noise and emissions(spark arresters), and in your case, FMF's TurbineCore 2's and TurbineCore 2 Q's, which supposably use a "tubine dampening separator" (ie, baffles) to also be designed to meet USFS guidelines for noise and emissions(spark arresters) and bring them down to about 96dB. I got a set of Fattys and TC2 Q's coming this week for my '06. real curious to see how the TC2 Q's sound.

i think i'm going to clean the tubes with all the holes in it up and maybe even drill all the holes out they look to be cloged from being used for so long with no packing any one think this may help a little.??????

i think i'm going to clean the tubes with all the holes in it up and maybe even drill all the holes out they look to be cloged from being used for so long with no packing any one think this may help a little.??????