Sweet new look

This site always seems to change as soon as I get used to it. At least the buttons are in the same spot this time. The last change really threw me. Any way to change the backround color or "skin"? I dont like the dark blue on black. hard to see on my crappy moniter

Also does anyone has to scroll side to side to see the whole page?

yea i have to scroll side to side as well.the new look is pretty cool at the begining but as others above have said i liked it better before.the scroll back and fourth thing and its just something about the color scheme.but it will work.just my opinion i know somebody put alot of work into this.

yea but come on. you know the rules of the web are still not to design/build any site wider than 800. on my ibook i have to scroll sideways, and it obviously has a resolution of 1024x768. resolution and screen size, as well as browser window size are all different things. thats why its always wise, especially for forums to have widths set as %. but youd have to get rid of or alter the glowy background image for that to work here.

:shrugani:

yea i agree 800 by 600 this side to side is bugging me :angry:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as width goes. I'll set it to 800 width as needed by some. However, as soon as someone posts an overly-wide image it just blows it all out of whack anyways.

Just my 2 cents.

And yes, when I build sites for customers, it's percentage based generally. However, with the BHQ i tend to utilize my web-equivalence of "poetic license" with the new designs and features. And going on 9 years of programming/web architecture, i'm no stranger to standards and best practices

As far as width goes. I'll set it to 800 width as needed by some. However, as soon as someone posts an overly-wide image it just blows it all out of whack anyways.

Just my 2 cents.

And yes, when I build sites for customers, it's percentage based generally. However, with the BHQ i tend to utilize my web-equivalence of "poetic license" with the new designs and features. And going on 9 years of programming/web architecture, i'm no stranger to standards and best practices

then do % not 800. last one was %. poetic license is fine but keep in mind your audience. most of these guys dont have the latest greatest computer equiptment.

A glamis site I am on, no longer has that problem. When someone would post a big pic, it would throw off the whole page. They did something where, the big pic post will be wide, but the rest of the posts on the page remain at normal size.

A glamis site I am on, no longer has that problem. When someone would post a big pic, it would throw off the whole page. They did something where, the big pic post will be wide, but the rest of the posts on the page remain at normal size.

lee will probably yell at me for this but...

it takes all of two seconds for someone with experience to change a board skin. and a little bit longer to edit this one to be more narrow or % based. re-do the custom header and copy/paste any other custom code he has had to do, which doesnt appear to be much at all, and voila. all fixed.

i just took two minutes of my own time to find a fix for lee's concern about attached and linked images blowing out the width

http://mods.invisionize.com/db/index.php/f/5417

boom. problems solved.

*edited to change link. was to a mod for an older version of the boards. its right now

Edited by Brooke