t5's

got my t5's comming this week. would like a basline jetting to start. no motor mods just the pipes and k&n filter. i am in hamilton ont 778FT above sea level and it is between 20 to 35 celcius. just stock needles not the toomeys.

thanks for the help

320-330 mains

4th or 5th(last) clip on your needle from the sharp end.

maybe some 27,5 pilots

522098[/snapback]

Too big unless you are running an open element (no airbox) K&N. If you're a Pro Flow and no lid w/K&N you'll probably be around 300 (25-30 C is about 75-80??), maybe 310. My guess would be stock pilot at around .75-1.25 turns out on the airscrew. :cheers:

I agree with limited...

If you leave the airbox on...stock pilots are just fine. If you remove the airbox...you MIGHT have to up the pilots one size.

Stock (middle) clip on the needles. If you have the $$...get the Toomey needles. They eliminiate the lean spot in the middle of the needle.

Going from stock pipes to Toomeys is a great, great mod.

I'd suggest in the future getting the timing plate and lightened flywheel as well.

The smooth some of the hit of those pipes...and make it a little easier to ride and keep on the pipe.

Good luck!

hey thats not my next mod the timing plate. at plus 4 is it okay on 94 octane and also is there any jetting change by advancing the timing.

thanks for the help

+4 is fine. It normally doesn't require a jetting change.

There is only one positive way to tell, check your plugs.

When I put mine on last year...it did not require one.

the corrected alttitude toaday was almost 1300 ft. should the jetting change or go with what has been said and check the plugs.

thanks

Tim

With the box I would start at 300main 4thclip on needle 27.5pilots airscrew 1.5 out and cheak the plugs should be close but cheak the plugs and go from there.

My basically stock Banshee w/T5s, k&N, no lid at 300 ft elev, 90 degrees F runs a stock pilot and 370 mains, needle in middle. Plugs were a little too white @WOT with 350s, so I jumped up to 370s. Every one is different, but I've always had to run pretty big jets w/T5s. On my motor, I'd be scared to death to go below 330, even at 90 degrees.

J-Madd,

You must have a MASSIVE air leak somewhere. I completely agree that all bikes are somewhat different, I've seen identical bikes (to the last detail I mean) run two sizes different mains. Mine happened to pull the bigger main at 340's, but I can't imagine anyway you would be too white at 350. :baseball_bat: