oil won't stay in

quadstuff002.jpg

that hole right under the oil pump (i beleive) gear. if i put oil into the quad, it just pours out that hole. the hole is VERY smooth so im guessing it wasn't a bolt. wasn't sure if i lost a plug or if it was a breather, so i broke something internally.

thanks for all the help in advance, and after i get this stuff figured out i will put in a real intro post.

quadstuff002.jpg

that hole right under the oil pump (i beleive) gear.  if i put oil into the quad, it just pours out that hole.  the hole is VERY smooth so im guessing it wasn't a bolt.  wasn't sure if i lost a plug or if it was a breather, so i broke something internally.

thanks for all the help in advance, and after i get this stuff figured out i will put in a real intro post.

520418[/snapback]

For a quick fix just put the bike on it's right side clean it real good with brake clean and RTV it. Then when you get a chance buy the little plug that goes in there and pop it back in. :D

well, its not a plug... its just that somehow my case broke at that spot for some reason... and rtv? i was gunna jb weld it...

520699[/snapback]

OK, from the pic it looks like the shift fork guide plug is missing, if your cases are broke, you need to have them welded to hold up for the long term

Edited by jankab

and whats that plug/shaft thing do?  cuz no engine lay out showed it...

520744[/snapback]

If you look @ the pic you have the white plastic cover for your shift drum, to the left of it there's a hole with a aluminum then to the right if it there's a hole with a plug missing, you need that plug