Finally got the shee street legal!

im from pa too we should start a potition or something that could maybe make them leagle? think that woudl work or anything

how would we go aobut doing so?

518985[/snapback]

You would have to have a non solid rear drive axle, basically you'd need some sort of housing around your axle that would keep a rear wheel attached in some way if something broke, or an a-arm setup. After that, the rest would be candy, hardest part would be getting a rz350 frame with a title. some turn signals, a horn, etc etc and you'd be good to go then in PA.....

So I've been told. There are quads that are legal in PA, but mainly they are 4 strokes, and 4wheel drive with a-arm rear suspensions.

Not that I want to burst your bubble, but most sport bikes (especially with electronic speedos) do not have accurate speedometers.  They are typically off by up to 10%.  There are actually places (like http://www.blackrobotics.com/) that sell recalibration boxes to correct the speedos.  I had one on my CBR900RR because the speedo was off nearly 9%.  Most of them show a higher speed than what you are going.  The best way to know your speed is to attach a GPS to your quad.

519102[/snapback]

Plan on getting a GPS unit soon, but hopefully this weekend I'm going to get someone to pace in a car next to me... as well as 2 other bikes. Hopefully I'll get some video so I can see for myself.

I was looking online and from what I could tell, you have to have three wheels or less. There was a couple different ones though so im just going to call tomarrow. Does anyone have an idea on how you can get a law changed? Four wheelers are safer than three wheelers by far. The laws I read dident have anything about emisions (sp?), so id think a two storke wouldent have a problem since ive seen an rz350 ridin around town. Id kill to ride my banshee to work or skool, that would be the shit.

519498[/snapback]

That's pretty much what I came across before I moved. As far as emissions... OK still has laws against it, but they don't inspect vehicles to see what levels they're at. As long as it's not smoking bad enough to cause a henderance to visibility, law enforcement doesn't really care.

But of course, it also depends on where you're at. OKC, bethany, war acres, moore, choctaw, edmond, norman, and yukon cops never had a problem with my red LED windshield washer sprayers... but Del city cops sure as hell did, and let me know it. Go figure... my luck I got a female cop who was on a power trip and trying to show me that she was the boss. How in the hell does "If you have something to cut the wires, I'll clip them and solve the problem right now" get a response of "SIR!! Please stay inside the vehicle with your hands on the steering wheel or I will draw my weapon!"

• 2 weeks later...

Theres a kit out there that converts your banshee to a three wheeler, by using a motorcylce style swingarm with a single tire, they also make it for other bikes. I dunno if its still around or not but it was in dirtwheels mag awhile back. That kit would be all you need to make your banshee street legal in PA other then the obvious, DOT tires, turn signals, a mirror, and a horn.

the guy the made those kits, retired like 15 years ago. and those were front kits to make a trike into a quad. the reverse trike was a custom job done by the the guys from DW. they said it was worse that a regular trike.

That's pretty much what I came across before I moved. As far as emissions... OK still has laws against it, but they don't inspect vehicles to see what levels they're at. As long as it's not smoking bad enough to cause a henderance to visibility, law enforcement doesn't really care.

But of course, it also depends on where you're at. OKC, bethany, war acres, moore, choctaw, edmond, norman, and yukon cops never had a problem with my red LED windshield washer sprayers... but Del city cops sure as hell did, and let me know it. Go figure... my luck I got a female cop who was on a power trip and trying to show me that she was the boss. How in the hell does "If you have something to cut the wires, I'll clip them and solve the problem right now" get a response of "SIR!! Please stay inside the vehicle with your hands on the steering wheel or I will draw my weapon!"

Oklahoma doesnt mind smoke that much :rotflmao:

2050349_23_full.jpg

I'd love to get my shee street legal in Oklahoma, if you learn anything let me know.