Swingarm or Axle

420_Big_Bore

IMO axle your useing a 6" swing- arm now. The longer you go less traction. They got a sale over plant-sand on billet drag axles this week . I think it ends 5/19/06 Go to www.plant-sand.com for $425.00 can't go wrong. Also I like your bike

Edited by lonestar

Definately go with the axle! rotating weight robs more hp from you than still weight. Losing seven pounds of still weight is equal to gaining 1 hp, but losing 1 pound of rotating weight is equal to losing eleven pounds of still weight. Do the math on that and you gain about 1 1/2 hp from that one pound. :wacko:

Thanks guys! And lonestar, im not sure if you read my other post but at the moment i am having a problem taking off in 2nd, so would lengthening the swingarm help me or not. And, or will the lighter axle help me?

Ps. thanks for the compliment!

515309[/snapback]

Any weight that you save that the motor has to turn tires, axle, rims, hubs, chains etc. I think imo would be a better benefit for horespower & torque like Jesse 1004 said. Lengthening the swing arm has lesser benefit yes it probably get the tires spining better starting of in 2nd gear. Is your gearing correct for what you want to do? Is your jetting spot on? Pilot, Your L1, Diameter of needle, that comes into to play comeing out the hole. If you think it's correct. I'd get the axle before the swing-arm. This is my opinion

By the way, my swingarm is the original. All i did was chop it and welded an extra 6inches tubing on, so before i go buying a new one i decided to play around with mine. To be able to take off in 2nd ( as currently it is bogging) would i need to lengthen or shorten?

515473[/snapback]

It's the rear tires thoes are 22" and with a 15 tooth front sprocket your motor don't have enuff torque to get rid that bogg