Anybody Cermet Coat there Head Domes ?

Has anybody here ever done any internal engine coatings? I had some of this coating left over from when i did my raptor piston. It is called CBC and it is made by techline coatings. I just did the inside of the combustion chamber. You don't want to do the back side of the domes that would keep the coolant from cooling the head/domes, or trap the heat in.

I have all 3 and plan on doing my pistons when i get a chance. They have the DFL wich is the grey or black coating you see on different brands of piston skirts. Then they have some wsx stuff that your supose to rub in to the cross hatch. I am not really looking for it to cause a big power increase just keep the heat in the gasses instead of soaking in the the engine (head and piston)

Here is the link.

http://www.techlinecoatings.com/Engine.htm

I will post some pics later.

ive thought about coating a piston before, but decided against it. if you were Packard Ent. and needed one badass run on your new crankenstein i can see it being worth it. but for my dune bike i think the coating would wear off before anything too noticable

I don't think it would be worht it, you should be able to keep your banshee cool enough without a coating these coatings are old they have been around forever but they are not practical if they were really a good thing they would come form a company from wiseco at a cost of course, i know there are shops arounfd me that sell powdercoated and high heat coated pistons and valves and such but its just to impractical don't do it in my opinion.

with as often as we tear down and rebuild the top ends on our banshees it doesn't make sense unless you are looking for every tiny bit of power. Ceramic coating and dry film lubricants are worth power if used and applied correctly. Will it be worth the effort and cost for 2-3 hp?

Well i went a head and done my banshee pistons and domes since they were out. I will get some pics. I originaly bought this stuff for my 720cc Raptor Stroker. That way the piston and combustion chamber would not form hot spots and I could get away with running a little lower octane fuel. I just figured that it wouldnt hurt to try it on the banshee. I am not really looking for a perfromance increase, maybe just a little bit longer between top ends.