What Subs

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bump'n some old school 1995 Kicker Comps C12a's in a Q-logic bandpass box running off a badass old 1995 Rockford Punch 100ix. I've had the shit since HS and it still blows away most of the new shit out there. The rest is mostly Eclipse. I'm lucky to never have had it stolen after all these years! :headbang:

If I were to buy some new subs, they would def be some JL's

Edited by AssWhore

I would recomend 3 Resonant Engineering XXX 12. Your gonna need about 4000 watts rms to push one well. The older models worked better with 2000 watts. Other than that a soundsplinter rls is an awesome woofer. Theres a lot more good woofers i'm not mentioning here though.

Edited by Indubitably

I'm running Kicker compVR 12's now, and like asswhore, I've had them forever. I've never seen a sub take a beating for so long and last as well as these do. :cheers: I really like the sound they put out, nice and crisp bass with hardly any distortion.

The JL w7 subs are great and all, but they are extremely overpriced. You could get 4 badass subs for 800 dollars; I just don't see the logic in spending that much for ONE sub. :blink: I've heard a w7 before and it was awesome, but not worth that much cash :shrugani:

Me personally, if I had the money and vehicle to cram it in, I would run 4 fosgate punch DVC 12's. I had a friend at one of my previous jobs running that setup, I never heard anything that hit harder for the few subs and amps he was pushing. I remember him saying he was hitting in the upper 160's, lower 170's (decibels) with four 12's.

The best subs I have ever had were called American Bass. Ya, I know the name sounds corny, but Ive had JL, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Pioneer, and a few others. These were the best out of all of them. I had a Kicker KX1200.1 running two 12's and it would bounce the windshield wipers off of my windshield (also cracked my windshield 4"). Check em out, they are on the net.

Im really thinking about running 4 15inch solobaric Kickers in a ported box :shrugani:

511447[/snapback]

Solobaric's are made to run in small sealed enclosures. They're idealy for when space is a problem. If you have a big ass trunk, suv, or ex cab truck save your money and get regular kickers or whatever.

They are nice though :cheers:

Im on the market for some new subs, I am Currently running 3 Alphasonik 15inch subs with a Rockford Fosgate BD1000 on each sub. Im Looking for deep solid bass.

What setups are you guys running?

511374[/snapback]

Ouch, can't touch that!

I've got (two) modest 2005 12-inch JL Audio W2's hooked up to a 1000-watt Kenwood.

Does alright in my pickup's small cab :shrugani:

GO JL SUBS AND ALPINE AMPS :notworthy:

Quality, deep and strong.

Edited by 350TwinDeathBed

Jeff, you running a sealed box? I myself have ran kicker for 18 yrs. I currently run the Xpl's though they are discontinued. banghead The compVR's are an impressive sub as well. One thing I have to mention though is I bought a fosgate combo packagefor my daily driver here a while back, couldn't pass it up. Got a punch 2 x 50 watt amp and a 12'' (P112S4) sub for 99 dollars. Anyway the sub can be purchased for like 60 to 70 dollars. I have been totally impressed with this sub, it impresses me everday and I can't believe it's just a cheap ole sub. So I have to say, the Chinese aren't doing too bad on the RF subs. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Interesting, Every truck I have heard them in sounded great. kickers website gives specs for ported boxes :confused::confused:

Im running a sealed box now, I want to change it up a little..

Kickers aren't designed for ported inclosures....especially not the solobarics

You'll get better sound and longer life out of a sealed box too

511452[/snapback]

Solobaric's are made to run in small sealed enclosures. They're idealy for when space is a problem.  If you have a big ass trunk, suv, or ex cab truck save your money and get regular kickers or whatever.

They are nice though :cheers:

511453[/snapback]