newbie needs help

Hi everyone,ive just bought a 2003 banshee bog standard engine,dura blue axel,ITP alloys, maxis tyres, the bike has around 20hours on it and is used as a street bike only,the problem is when riding theres a strange rattleing.scraping noise,and theres a quite noticeable vibration comeing from the flywheel cover and a slight vibe off the clutch cover,but when i pull the clutch in going down hill the rattleing, scrapeing noise is still there and the viberation does stop,when the bike is in neutral theres only a slight rattle on the water pump and the engine sounds sweet.Axel nuts are nice and tight by the way this is my first Quad just hope its not the crank bearings please give me your views.

1 st off i would buy a clymer manual.then i would pull stator and clutch covers to see if there are any sheared bolts or loose parts in the covers.you will be surprised what comes loose.if nothing seems out of place, then i would dig deeper.

As NYUK stated, in so many words, since it is a new bike, the parts that are gong to rattle apart haven't quite done so, or are just starting to.

It looks like you live in Europe judging by the size of the vehicles, and you don't see many SMART cars in the U.S. I looks like Belgium actually.

1 st off i would buy a clymer manual.then i would pull stator and clutch covers to see if there are any sheared bolts or loose parts in the covers.you will be surprised what comes loose.if nothing seems out of place, then i would dig deeper.

510786[/snapback]

Thanx! just ordered a manual just hope its not to serious

As NYUK stated, in so many words, since it is a new bike, the parts that are gong to rattle apart haven't quite done so, or are just starting to. 

It looks like you live in Europe judging by the size of the vehicles, and you don't see many SMART cars in the U.S.  I looks like Belgium actually.

510812[/snapback]

Im from the U.K