is this shee too old?

im looking to buy a shee ive ben lookin at a 98 shee with new top and bottom end +2 a-arms new clutch chain and sprockets ne wayz is this too old it looks in good condition the only prob is it doesnt have heel guards and no bumper but i dont care really i have 3 grand to spend on a shee that i will eventually put money in too so tell me guys is this too old or should i go with a newer one? the way i look at it is if it runs good and looks in good condition it will be good

a 90 wouldnt be to old if it runs new top end and some aftermarket parts,let alone a 98.. banshees are not like cars, the newer the better,, nothings changed on the banshee since 1990 other than the colors..thats when they went to a-rms. so id say u will be gettin a good quad

Edited by 2bzy2p

im looking to buy a shee ive ben lookin at a 98 shee  is this too old or should i go with a newer one? the way i look at it is if it runs good and looks in good condition it will be good

510069[/snapback]

Here's some food for thougt:

This is a 2003 Banshee on eBay right now:

Blown 2003

Here is yet another eBay Banshee, but this one is a 1988 :whoa:

Prime 1988

Which one would you rather have? :rolleyes:

In short, a Banshee is only as old as it has been treated. :cheers:

the only reason you'd not want an older bike is because of metal fatigue in the frames. you wouldn't need to worry so much about that in a latter model, but most folk who have the older bikes like from say early '90s and earlier, have either replaced or repaired their frames and aren't too concerned with it. but w/ a '98, I wouldn't worry about that. wouldn't be stressed like an older frame might.