Compression and race gas

cdwood37

ok i am already running 110 octane race fuel, i just built my motor and want to run pretty high compression because i am running 110 octane with plus 5 timing how high can i go compression wise with the plus 5 timing?

506304[/snapback]

what is your altitude . one of the main things to take into consideration when determining type of fuel to use with compression and timing is your altitude.remember also ,the higher you go on your compression the more you loose on top end.

Depends on how high your exhaust ports have been raised. If you have a doon or drag type port then your static compression will be quite a bit lower. Example: my old motor was a +4mm dune port, exhaust ports raised A LOT. I had 19cc stroker domes, .035 squish, and I was measuring 145 psi when the motor was fresh. I ran +6 timing and could use 100 octane at 400+ ft elevation btu not at sea level. Then I needed 110. I think you could get away with 19cc domes for sure running 110, possibly 18cc.