New Banshee Owner and Rider

ajsproaudio

Well I have recently traded a Badd lookin truck for a 98 Banshee. I have managed to break my banshee already. I think anyways. Can someone help me out trying to figure out what might be the problem. I haven't rode a quad in about 6 years. And Shifting one is a new thing for me too. Ya I know Laugh :rotflmao: . But it's true I have always rode an auto shift one. Anyways This banshee I have is killer and I want ot ride it but don't know what happened to it... Help me Please!!!!

THe banshee Runs fine and has excellent compression and even goes just fine. I am hearing a rattling noise in the bottom end. I thought it might be the clutch but don't think it is. I haven't really rode it that hard to break it I don't think. I however was shifting it without using the clutch. IS THAT BAD?

It's a 98 Banshee and has Vforce Reeds and Pro Circuit Twin Pipes. The motor was reringed about 2 years ago and hasn't been riden much since. I have went threw about 3 gallons of gas and c ame across this problem. It wasn't even being riden hard when it happened. I took the cover off the clutch and have decided the clutch is fine. But liek I said I have never owned a quad in a long time and Especially not a Banshee. My first and last quad was a Suzuki Lt80 and that had a sintrifical Cluth ( No Shifting at all). I am kinda a blind man when it comes to a quad that I have to shift and have never worked on Quad before. I have always owned and worked on Snowmobiles or Vehicles. So I am confident that I can fix it Just don't Know where to start.

I was just recommending a tear down, you just got the bike and you would know what you have. I always ask myself why are the sellers/traders getting rid of it. There on honest people and there are not so honest people. With a tear down now, you could save yourself a ton of money now, and if there nothing wrong with it, what did it cost you, some gaskets,seals and time?and really find out what you got. Just my 02. :cheers:

i have kehin carbs and the slides rattle sometimes.. not loud .. just a little tiny bit ..

that may be it , kickstarter... check all the bolts make sure they are tight .. exhasut springs , shifter , chain roller?

just a few suggestions . good luck!! :cheers:

Well I went ahead and checked my Kick Starter it seems to be pretty tight. When I roll the fly wheel by hand. I can hear what sound like a rod slapping against the sidewall or somthin. How much work is it and hom much does it cost to open up an dfix the motor? Like I said before I have never owned such a ride before. Also Does it hurt it to shift wiothout clutching it. I mean it seems just fine I use the clutch when down shifting but when I up shift I don't catch myself using the clutch all the time. IS THAT BAD???? Also is it okay to down shift or does that just wear out the motor????

Let me know. I am relly anxouis to go out and ride it some more but don't want to make any repair too costly

I have went threw about 3 gallons of gas and came across this problem.....But liek I said I have never owned a quad in a long time and Especially not a Banshee.....

504542[/snapback]

Did you MIX your gas? :wacko:

Also Does it hurt it to shift wiothout clutching it. I mean it seems just fine I use the clutch when down shifting but when I up shift I don't catch myself using the clutch all the time. IS THAT BAD????

505692[/snapback]

WTF is wrong with you? When you're driving a 5-speed car down the road

do you just slam the shifter through the gears? The clutch is there for a reason :shootself:

You're gonna ruin your Banshee before you know it if you don't figure out how to use it and how to maintain it.