carb? reed? or ?

Toytrk85

Hey all,

Recently I went though and rebuilt an '01 that did not run when I bought it (misc. problems). replaced everything top and bottom end. Cylinder compression checks out to be even. While running (I also need to ajust the idle since it wont start or continue to run unless I have the at at least 1/4 throttle) the left cylinder isn't holding up its 1/2 of the work and seems to sputter/pop. I swapped the coil wires and the left cylinder still seems to still be having trouble. Does this sound like a carb issue or maybe the reeds on that cylinder are cracked or not sealing correctly??? I took it down the road and back and although it sputters a bit at low throttle it still seems to haul a$$ when you open it up. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

Nick

Edited by Toytrk85

did you double check that your carbs are sinked up....if they are off then the thing will run wierd at low speed then come alive when you get to higher rpm. Also if the idle is lower on one carb that cylinder won't rev up as quick as the other and it'll bog down. try those two things and see what you get.

synced the carbs today (was just slightly off). Still the same results tho. I took it on the street and once opened up she runs great, its just this the weak and sputtering left cylinder that is bothering me. I also adjusted the idle so thats fixed. Any other ideas guys?? Thanks

Nick

Edited by Toytrk85