new big dogs in the atv world

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because it has allot of power doesn't mean its unbeatable... You could drop a 500hp small block on a quad. Does that mean cuz its 500 ponies its un-beatable?? I mean fuck it.... Iam just gonna strap on a JATO rocket to my bike. Ill be untouchable, umm or I hope I can beat Enforcer on his 700...

Oh and Rocketboy--Nice link between the two :clap::notworthy:

RIPPEN

yea i aggree that those sled/quads are retarded- but as for drag racing, ive got a few buddys who race at our local drag strip (RMR) that do high 9's in the quarter mile-ive never seen any shee do that-

If there are some please inform me-i would love to se em'!!!!!!!!

503694[/snapback]

I think I've seen K&T out there. Those sleds are fast as hell on asphalt. Wish there were more quads out there though. I've never seen a quad out there. :shrugani:

:blink: Now those are ugly.

503385[/snapback]

yea...not as sexy as a bike...but hey, if it does the job...

then again, hard to get turned on until u hear how fast it goes...or try one.

we'll see if they become a hit i guess. wat r they called exactly??

i think snowmoquadthingy was the name of it. :rotflmao:

1st it was skis and tracks put onto quads, now this :confused: what's next, banshees with wings?? :huh: now there's a project for somebody :D

i think snowmoquadthingy was the name of it.  :rotflmao:

503871[/snapback]

shoot...its like the something from star trek...

eff that. can u see some dude saying that? "oh yea, i ride my snowmoquadthingy off some sick jumps.."

haha. it goes with the machine. :rotflmao:

sleds and quads are like comparing night and day. they both have thier place. and no , you will not see these things dominate at your local dirt track or at the dunes.with the radiator under the seat there has to be some cooling issues and exposed CVT clutches do not like water, dirt, mud or sand.also, they'd have handling issues galore! they just don't look right without skis and tracks. even if someone gave me one of those kits, i would not do that to my sled!

as far as trail riding is concerned it would be a good idea for an old beater sled but not for me. probably bumpsteer like a bastard. couldn't justify pounding the zr-9 over rocks and dusty trails in the summer.mud and dirt in the belt drive ain't cool! if these work at all, asphalt racing would be the place for them. they'd clean up at the track.as for speed, sleds are fairly quick. I radared at 117 mph last winter on hard packed snow/ice on a zr 900 with a few mods.it was far from being the fastest sled out there that day.(alot of deep pocketbooks around!)about 155-160 hp & 550 lbs. a  prostock 800 ice sled is around 220 hp and weighes approx 350-375 lbs. if you could ever get it to hook up with one of those wheel kits it would be an interesting match against a moded banshee. the sled in the picture( 1000 tripple/255 hp) posted a qurter mile time of 8.7 at 149.3 mph.

503530[/snapback]

HOLY FUCK!! 149 mph with the front end riding on...ROLLERBLADES???????? :o